No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRXH, where can I find info on this? Is it a TBH event or something the county,txpw or some other organization puts on? I am really new to all of this in case you cant tell.

I just bought some snake boots today and picked up some broad heads, hoping to start hunting some hogs at Granger soon enough.

Comment

Welcome! Don't forget your public land permit and hunter orange. Btw the Granger Ranger Extreme hunt is a TBH thing started here many years ago. I have had the pleasure of attending 4 outta the last 5! Its a heck of a time! Its every year in February. Follow this thread and look for the GRXH thread in January.

Comment

Sneaky and Chris; looks like 22-24 May. Hopefully gete out of SA early enough to make a dawn start.

Comment

Originally posted by HuttoHunter View Post
          GRXH, where can I find info on this? Is it a TBH event or something the county,txpw or some other organization puts on? I am really new to all of this in case you cant tell.

I just bought some snake boots today and picked up some broad heads, hoping to start hunting some hogs at Granger soon enough.
          To add to Txfirefighter you will need to get your type II hog tag as well.its a blast.

Comment

Where is a good place to get hunter orange vest and hat? I went by academy today and didnt see any.

Cabelas is to expensive to visit often

Comment

Academy usually has basic mesh ones for about $4.

Comment

Where is a good place to get hunter orange vest and hat? I went by academy today and didnt see any.

You can get it at Wal-Mart. I bought a dry wick short sleeve shirt and mossy oak blaze orange cap for 11 bucks altogether. Cap are at hunting section and the shirt in Men's Dept.

Comment

Went out and tried to hunt last Saturday morning. Decided I'm done for the summer. Crap is just too thick out there. So I'm going to try my hand at fishing.

Need some help though. The plan is to fish from the shore. Possibly get a canoe later on down the line. What's a low end set up rod and reel wise that I could get started with? What kind of bait/lures for out there? Last question. I've got the military super combo license. Do I need anything else?

Comment

I picked mine up offline, on basspro. They are a little cheaper if you don't mind waiting to get it shipped.

Comment

I got mine on Amazon.com I think I paid $12 for the combo.

Click here
                      Last edited by Drewboy22; 05-06-2014, 10:41 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                        Last question. I've got the military super combo license. Do I need anything else?
                        Don't forget your Granger Type II fish tag.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I put the order in at amazon

I drove out to #9 and #7 today just to check the place out - it is very tall and thick out there.

Question:
                          Can we bait hogs and set up on the bait spot? What about Trail cams and blinds? Are those sure to walk off if not securely fastened?

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I put the order in at amazon

I drove out to #9 and #7 today just to check the place out - it is very tall and thick out there.

Question:
                            Can we bait hogs and set up on the bait spot? What about Trail cams and blinds? Are those sure to walk off if not securely fastened?
                            Yes, Yes and Yes. Dont leave anything out there you can't do without.

Comment

Academy has hunter orange Adidas tech T's for around $14

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                                Don't forget your Granger Type II fish tag.
                                Come on Ricky, that's not nice. You're gonna make the new guys forget their hog tags, then have all their equipment seized by the GW when they get busted.

Comment

Working...
                                X