White Bass 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    So, I am taking the family up to Lake Livingston next weekend. What do I need to do to get on the Whites up in the Trinity?

I heard throwing a spoon works?
    Use alot of sight fishing?

Feel free to PM me if you want to keep a place or tactics quiet.

Thanks guys, never have made it up in Livingston for the Whites. Excited!
    anyone?

Comment

I've caught them below the spillway by the boatload. Just throw a spoon or pretty much anything that wiggles into a feeding school and you'll catch them.

Comment

A buddy and I should be around Somerville in the morning walking some creeks. Dont know yet which creek. Guess we will decide that upon the crowds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

So, I am taking the family up to Lake Livingston next weekend. What do I need to do to get on the Whites up in the Trinity?

I heard throwing a spoon works?
          Use alot of sight fishing?

Feel free to PM me if you want to keep a place or tactics quiet.

Thanks guys, never have made it up in Livingston for the Whites. Excited!
          What area of the lake will you be staying?

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
            A buddy and I should be around Somerville in the morning walking some creeks. Dont know yet which creek. Guess we will decide that upon the crowds.

Guess im solo in the morning. Anybody else going?

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              Guess im solo in the morning. Anybody else going?

What time? Im interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First thing. Dont know what creek but ill be on the back side by nails somewhere. Ill pm you my cell. Text or call tomorrow if you are coming. Ill prolly fish until 11 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  What area of the lake will you be staying?
                  Will be at the KOA campsite. So it will be a haul to get to the north end up in the river but I have a large fuel tank

Comment

Will be at the KOA campsite. So it will be a haul to get to the north end up in the river but I have a large fuel tank
                    You ever make that run? It is hairy on a good day with floaters, sand bars etc. The river channel is marked but constantly changing with silt over time and with the recent flood it will be full of debris.

I would keep it on the trailer, go north on 356 out of Onalaska and put in at White Rock Marina. Then go up either White Rock or Caney as they are protected from the main flow of the river and clear up faster.

That or just launch at Broken arrow or Triple Creek and fish Kickapoo/Rocky Creeks.
                    Last edited by AgHntr10; 03-09-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

You ever make that run? It is hairy on a good day with floaters, sand bars etc. The river channel is marked but constantly changing with silt over time and with the recent flood it will be full of debris.

I keep it on the trailer, go north on 356 out of Onalaska and put in at White Rock Marina. Then go up either White Rock or Caney as they are protected from the main flow of the river and clear up faster.

That or just launch at Broken arrow or Triple Creek and fish Kickapoo/Rocky Creeks.
                      Hmm, thanks for the info. I might have to do that. Let me feel it out when I get there and talk to the marina folks.

Comment

I would keep it on the trailer, go north on 356 out of Onalaska and put in at White Rock Marina. Then go up either White Rock or Caney as they are protected from the main flow of the river and clear up faster.

Oh on the map, I like the Broken Arrow Idea. How far do I need to get up in those creeks?

Comment

Oh on the map, I like the Broken Arrow Idea. How far do I need to get up in those creeks?
                          You can start fishing right there. If you take the right fork(Rocky) and go far enough you will get to a waterfall. It may be a little late but that's a good place to catch white bass when they are running.

Comment

Somerville reports?

Comment

You can start fishing right there. If you take the right fork(Rocky) and go far enough you will get to a waterfall. It may be a little late but that's a good place to catch white bass when they are running.
                              I will put it in the GPS, thank you very much! Hope I get to report (with pics) some good fish that the kids get to catch!

Comment

Are the fish coming out of the creeks yet on somerville?

Comment

Working...
                                X