White Bass 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    Has anyone hit Livingston, up in the Trinity river? Wanting to go up there soon!
    Post #34

Comment

Tried to go out to one of the creeks on Somerville yesterday and got stuck. Then the guy that tried to get us out got stuck. So we ended up aborting the mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But the water in the creek was pretty muddy and they usually stay with that muddy water so I think they are starting to head up for sure after the rain this past week!

Comment

If thats jerdell, which I think it is but its hard to tell from the pic, its probably not the best creek for fishing. In all the floods that creek has all but silted in on the lake side of the 1948 bridge. Its very shallow there. Getting over by nails creek on the upper end of the lake would be better fishing I think. At least thats where I have always gone.

Oh and ya, that drive to jerdell down there has no bottom. Too many years of kids mudding down there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
            Tried to go out to one of the creeks on Somerville yesterday and got stuck. Then the guy that tried to get us out got stuck. So we ended up aborting the mission.

Back side of the lake off of 1948?

If so, we drove by there about 11 yesterday morning, and it looked nasty as hell.

Comment

I fished Elm Fork below the Ray Roberts dam, I threw a road runner in several locations and got skunked. How are others doing in NTX? I hear they are catching in a couple of the real
              Popular locations, I just prefer to stay close to home.
              Last edited by BtheBuck; 02-18-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Anybody around LBJ know if they are headed up the river yet? We went last year at the end of feb and did pretty good. Just can't remember what the water temp was.

Comment

How's the somerville area been doing lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                    How's the somerville area been doing lately?
                    I had no luck hiking into the spillway. That was the weekend before this past one so might have better luck now especially with all this rain and the warmer temps

Comment

So if i wanted to try and catch some on rayburn this weekend where would yall recommend? Just up in the creeks or what? Never went after whites before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
                        I had no luck hiking into the spillway. That was the weekend before this past one so might have better luck now especially with all this rain and the warmer temps
                        I was thinking of hitting either nails or yegua above the lake this weekend

Comment

Let us know how it goes. I’m bogged down at work or I would join you.

Comment

Lmk how it goes. You gonna throw jigs? Or minnows?

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                              Back side of the lake off of 1948?

If so, we drove by there about 11 yesterday morning, and it looked nasty as hell.

Yeah. Went back out there last week and dropped the canoe in on the other side of the bridge. Didn't catch a single white bass in that creek. There were some areas that were silted in pretty good but there were a lot of deep areas, just not enough flowing water.

Went to nails creek I think it was and I caught one white bass but that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
                                Lmk how it goes. You gonna throw jigs? Or minnows?
                                I'll be fly fishing

Comment

Working...
                                X