AR barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the 5R rifling vs standard?

All of my 5R barrels shoot great, clean super easy and usually give me a nice velocity increase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      All of my 5R barrels shoot great, clean super easy and usually give me a nice velocity increase.

Yes. 5R is great rifling and I have never seen an inaccurate 5r barrel.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by epp838 View Post
        I'm a big fan of JP. I have a .308 and a grendel. They come with a matched bolt, their F-in EXPENSIVE but quality is top notch.

FIFY

But yes top of the line.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Odin Works has done me well

Comment

I have an Anderson and its touching shots at 200, friend of mine has anderson's also and he shoots out to 800.

Comment

My Grendel JP supermatch 22” shoots lights out. Expensive, but buy with confidence.

Comment

My 18" odin shoots a 1/2" group with factory hornady black

Comment

You ought to try AR Performance barrels, inexpensive and shoot out of this world.

Comment

two things on a AR I would not skimp on - the barrel and the trigger. Buy a good barrel, even if it cost a little extra money.

Comment

True story

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I didn’t know about the easy cleaning but I did read about the added velocity. The 20”+ barrels are not as common as the shorter barrels and they seem to be $200 and up for the added length. Is the added length worth the added cost?

Comment

I didn’t know about the easy cleaning but I did read about the added velocity. The 20”+ barrels are not as common as the shorter barrels and they seem to be $200 and up for the added length. Is the added length worth the added cost?
                          In the Grendel the jump from 18 to 24 will get you about 200 fps.

I shoot suppressed so I like the 18"bbl.

Comment

I run a 20” on my Grendel AR. I wouldn’t want it any longer and may eventually cut it back to 18”.

I do run suppressed.

The canted lands on 5R rifling are less prone to fouling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Satern Cut rifled barrels are 5r

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
                                You ought to try AR Performance barrels, inexpensive and shoot out of this world.
                                I second the ARP Barrel, I have a 20in 6.5G and a 16in 6.8 SPC that are one hole barrels.

Comment

Working...
                                X