Suppressor ready bolt action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    This is somewhat my concern. I don’t want to go thru all this to get a tack driver. It seems there is a prolific offering now at a lower price point that will get you accuracy without all this extra need.

Are you guys having to augment your REM’s to gain the accuracy? Are there other manufacturer’s that you don’t have to do this within that same price point?
    These 6 shots were out of the box bore sighted to dialed in at 100 yards. The other black stickers were from a different gun. I think you can get this from the Remmy 700, Bergara SP or Tika for what you are wanting to achieve .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fmjag64; 10-31-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Nevermind
      Last edited by Trevor73402; 10-31-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        Lots of “tack drivers” (whatever that is) and lights out shooters, but very few pics of the groups made by said rifles. I think accuracy is very subjective from person to person. If my rifle shot 3/4 moa, I’d be pulling the barrel off and screwing on a fresh one.

I don’t shoot factory rifles, but if I did and wanted what you described, I’d look at a Tikka. I don’t know if CZ makes a short threaded barrel, but if they did, that’s what I’d most likely have for out of the box.
        Crazy that someone that walks into a conversation with that much arrogance isn't familiar with the term "tack driver". If punching bulls-eyes and sub-MOA isn't good enough for you from a $500-$600 "Truck Gun" (if you're familiar with that term), I don't know what to tell ya lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
          Crazy that someone that walks into a conversation with that much arrogance isn't familiar with the term "tack driver". If punching bulls-eyes and sub-MOA isn't good enough for you from a $500-$600 "Truck Gun" (if you're familiar with that term), I don't know what to tell ya lol.
          It was sarcasm....I’m quite familiar with the term. It’s a “laughed at” saying by a lot of folks, but I guess all those people are arrogant too.

Comment

This is somewhat my concern. I don’t want to go thru all this to get a tack driver. It seems there is a prolific offering now at a lower price point that will get you accuracy without all this extra need.

Are you guys having to augment your REM’s to gain the accuracy? Are there other manufacturer’s that you don’t have to do this within that same price point?
            I have only bought adl's and bdl's to use for builds

The pss and aac rifles I have handled/shot/owned have all been decent shooters out of the box the aac's come threaded and I have had no issue with their triggers or need to do anythign other than normal setup on them to get accuracy.

The older BDL's were excellent rifles. If you want to walk into a store a buy a rifle then I would look for an AAC in 308

Comment

I just got a Bergara Ridge special purpose 18” in 6.5 and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was sarcasm....I’m quite familiar with the term. It’s a “laughed at” saying by a lot of folks, but I guess all those people are arrogant too.
                Those that use the term are usually the least capable of “driving tacks”, and their idea of accuracy usually isn’t quite up to par. I’m with you on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                  I just handled the Barrett fieldcraft rifle that’s got a16” barrel that’s threaded and it’s freakin sweet.
                  I have a Fieldcraft in 6.5 Manbun. I love it! Suppressor ready, 1/2"moa, weighs under 6LBs with scope and ammo, smooth as glass action. I wish I had the option of detachable mag, but otherwise it's perfect.

Comment

A bunch of gun guys I know & trust say the tika is the 700 of old if gambling for an out of the box accuracy bolt gun for the $$$$ today. fwiw...

Comment

Would love to shoot with you one day...
                      Last edited by Fmjag64; 10-31-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Let me also clarify, I am looking for something that will get sub MOA accuracy out of the box as well.

This is the reason for this thread, it seems there are a lot of options now days that I might not be aware of. I have a pretty sizable budget, but I am to understand there are a lot of options in lower priced offering that get this kind of performance.

The rifle I posted I was shooting sub .5 with a Swarovski 8i and Federal Premium ammo. Never bothered working up a handload.

I sold the 8i and now shooting the cheap Federal blue box, Vortex Hog Hunter scope and still get less than .75".
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	savage 10 group.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	24596814
                        Last edited by BrianL; 10-31-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Would love to shoot with you one day...
                          You are welcome anytime. Im just an hour or so north of you. I have a 1000yd range here at the house. Give me some notice and I’ll even have some meat on the smoker for us. Always an open invite for anyone wanting to shoot at my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402
                            Lots of “tack drivers” (whatever that is) and lights out shooters, but very few pics of the groups made by said rifles. I think accuracy is very subjective from person to person. If my rifle shot 3/4 moa, I’d be pulling the barrel off and screwing on a fresh one.

I don’t shoot factory rifles, but if I did and wanted what you described, I’d look at a Tikka. I don’t know if CZ makes a short threaded barrel, but if they did, that’s what I’d most likely have for out of the box.

Here are three 5 shot groups fired back to back with a sub $500 Salvage M10 by me.
                            Averaged under 1/2 moa for the string. I know this particular Salvage shoots well but wont shoot anything like a $3000-$7000 custom rifle. Still not bad for a beater.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              A bunch of gun guys I know & trust say the tika is the 700 of old if gambling for an out of the box accuracy bolt gun for the $$$$ today. fwiw...

This is mine and many others opinion. I’ve seen a Tikka CTR shoot 1/2 MOA out of the box. Scope mounted then zeroed and first group was 1/2 inch. Worth the 1000$ or so for the gun IMO.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

My Remmy 700 300blkout shoots lights out. I’ve managed to put 3rnds in the same hole on several occasions. 5rd groups average 0.55” with easy. Most accurate rifle out of the box I’ve ever owned.

Comment

Working...
                                X