NBA Top 5 - All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    KD joined a team that beat him, and had won 73 games prior to him getting there. They won without him.

The Heat were nowhere near the Warriors.

Jim Kelly went to 4 Super Bowls and won zero. Lebron has been to 2x as many Finals and won 3 titles.

Jordan played in an weak East as well. Second best player on the Pacers teams were Davis Bros. or Rick Smits. That's not a good team. Second best player on the Knicks was John Starks. Again, not a good team.

Jordan never played anything like the Warriors ever.

But still he quit his team and took his talents to South Beach to start this super team craze.

3 out of 8....He'd be a great baseball player..

And Jordan may have played in the East but he didn't lose when got to the finals either against a stronger West.

Using your logic...the Bulls never played anything like the Heat in the finals....Is Dirk better than Jordan?
    Last edited by Smart; 06-01-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      That's just flat wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So, without taking into account Spurs/Rockets thoughts on Dirk as that's obviously rivalry bias, do a google search on top NBA players of all time lists. As written by experts that have covered basketball their entire careers.

I don't think I've ever seen Dirk show up in a top-20. Tim Duncan is in everyone of them. Olajuwon is in every one of them.

Don't think Dirk is really on that level, though obviously a great player.

Comment

KD joined a team that beat him, and had won 73 games prior to him getting there. They won without him.

The Heat were nowhere near the Warriors.

Jim Kelly went to 4 Super Bowls and won zero. Lebron has been to 2x as many Finals and won 3 titles.

Jordan played in an weak East as well. Second best player on the Pacers teams were Davis Bros. or Rick Smits. That's not a good team. Second best player on the Knicks was John Starks. Again, not a good team.

Jordan never played anything like the Warriors ever.
        I hope the lebron jock tastes good. You probably are in the camp of those not alive when Jordan played by the looks of your posts.

I think skip Bayless posted recently that Jordan had beat 20 teams with 50 wins or greater in the playoffs and lebron had beaten 10...

Comment

As much as I can't stand him, and as much as I love my good ol days....I think it's time to put Lebron above MJ. If it's not, we're getting **** close.

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
            So, without taking into account Spurs/Rockets thoughts on Dirk as that's obviously rivalry bias, do a google search on top NBA players of all time lists. As written by experts that have covered basketball their entire careers.

I don't think I've ever seen Dirk show up in a top-20. Tim Duncan is in everyone of them. Olajuwon is in every one of them.

Don't think Dirk is really on that level, though obviously a great player.
            my point exactly. Not saying hes not a great player but hes nowhere near the top

Comment

NBA Top 5 - All Time

1st list that popped up.

They have Garnet and Pippen ahead of him to which is stupid.

Sixth leading scorer of all time, and I think he will make fifth next year. No one plays defense in that league anymore.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-01-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                I hope the lebron jock tastes good. You probably are in the camp of those not alive when Jordan played by the looks of your posts.

I think skip Bayless posted recently that Jordan had beat 20 teams with 50 wins or greater in the playoffs and lebron had beaten 10...
                My Daughter's name is Jordan ... Care to guess why?

Beating up on bad teams within your division doesn't make you a good team. I explained the players on those teams.

Reggie Miller and bunch of guys.
                Patrick Ewing with a bunch of guys.
                Those teams were not good, and had seasons over 50 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  But still he quit his team and took his talents to South Beach to start this super team craze.

3 out of 8....He'd be a great baseball player..

And Jordan may have played in the East but he didn't lose when got to the finals either against a stronger West.

Using your logic...the Bulls never played anything like the Heat in the finals....Is Dirk better than Jordan?
                  MJ quit his team and played baseball

Jordan played in the league 15 years and only made the Finals 6x. 6/15 is a pretty good baseball player too though. He did play great in all those Finals though.

LBJ has played the Warriors 4x in the Finals. That logic doesn't add up to anything regarding Dirk. Jordan never played a team as good as the Spurs in the Finals, let alone the record breaking Warriors. LBJ has been the underdog in every Finals loss except the Dallas series. Jordan was never the underdog.

Comment

Obviously if you are starting a team and could get either MJ or Labron in their prime you would not go wrong with either pick.... As I mentioned earlier, tenacity makes a big difference and I see no comparison in that department... MJ would be as dominant if not more now and I don’t know I can say the same for Lebron playing in the times MJ played...

Comment

MJ quit his team and played baseball

Jordan played in the league 15 years and only made the Finals 6x. 6/15 is a pretty good baseball player too though. He did play great in all those Finals though.

LBJ has played the Warriors 4x in the Finals. That logic doesn't add up to anything regarding Dirk. Jordan never played a team as good as the Spurs in the Finals, let alone the record breaking Warriors. LBJ has been the underdog in every Finals loss except the Dallas series. Jordan was never the underdog.

You wanna know why Mike was never the underdog?

Comment

1st list that popped up.

They have Garnet and Pippen ahead of him to which is stupid.

Sixth leading scorer of all time, and I think he will make fifth next year. No one plays defense in that league anymore.

Yeah, the 2nd one has him at #17 as well. I guess I've historically never gone much beyond top-10 when I've read these things.

Comment

My Daughter's name is Jordan ... Care to guess why?

Beating up on bad teams within your division doesn't make you a good team. I explained the players on those teams.

Reggie Miller and bunch of guys.
                          Patrick Ewing with a bunch of guys.
                          Those teams were not good, and had seasons over 50 wins.
                          So now you are saying 50 wins isn’t good? I guess only beating 10 teams with 50 wins in the playoffs is really bad then?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Obviously if you are starting a team and could get either MJ or Labron in their prime you would not go wrong with either pick.... As I mentioned earlier, tenacity makes a big difference and I see no comparison in that department... MJ would be as dominant if not more now and I don’t know I can say the same for Lebron playing in the times MJ played...
                            If this discussion included points for style and gracefulness, there would be no comparison. Jordon’s graceful talent was simply amazing to watch. LeBron doesn’t have that.

Comment

Jordan was never the underdog.
                              There’s a reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                                If this discussion included points for style and gracefulness, there would be no comparison. Jordon’s graceful talent was simply amazing to watch. LeBron doesn’t have that.
                                I agree completely as to his gracefulness was amazing. I also think that Lebron's strength is unmatched. Which is why I bring up the tenacity argument. For example, Curry ended up matched with Lebron many times last night and Lebron failed to back him down a bunch of those times. It's a no brainier that Lebron should have pounded him in the paint every time. That would help ware Curry down.

Comment

Working...
                                X