• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Yep. Next stop, bag limit reductions (hopefully, at least in some areas...maybe they'll just make AR counties 1 buck counties so 1.5 yr. old spike aren't walking dead).
      That would be a good change

Comment

Thanks Todd and Solo

Comment

Bull21 thanks for the clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            And antler restrictions in many Panhandle counties for mule deer.
            I think this will be a great thing!

Comment

There are some proposed archery equipment changes as well. Everything in red would be removed:

2) Archery.

(A) – (B) (No change.)

(C) While hunting turkey and all game animals other than squirrels by means of longbow, compound bow, or recurved bow the arrow must be equipped with a broadhead hunting point [at least 7/8-inch in width upon impact, with a minimum of two cutting edges. A mechanical broadhead must begin to open upon impact and when open must be a minimum of 7/8-inch in width].

(D) (No change.)

(3) Crossbow — Special Provisions.

(A) (No change.)

(B) When hunting turkey and all game animals other than squirrels by means of crossbow[:]

[(i) the crossbow must have a minimum of 125 pounds of pull;]

[(ii) the crossbow must have a mechanical safety;]

[(iii) the crossbow stock must be not less than 25 inches in length; and]

[(iv)] the bolt must conform with paragraph (2)(B) and (C) of this section.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Yeah, the "kill the spikes" deal is just completely bassackwards. I wish I knew the thinking behind that...

I guess though, the people who kill spikes are just screwing themselves, except on small properties, and then they're screwing the neighbors too.
                I think it has a lot to do with population control.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  I think it has a lot to do with population control.
                  Let AR counties shoot does in general season. Some can, Waller Co can't.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                      Not sure what is changing, I guess maybe the wording, because thats how the law is now. Its not changing anything. Unless I'm reading it wrong.
                      Thats the only thing that confused me, I don't think the anything is changing just the verbage of how the regulation is worded.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                        I don't mind a later season for culls and does. I already get nervous as heck starting around Christmas, hoping that my nice deer that I want to live, which start showing themselves for food, don't get killed by the neighbors. One more week of worrying would drive me crazy.
                        Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        I was thinking the same thing! A nice buck I've been watching made it through the general season, cause i saw him at the corn feeder last weekend. I was truly relieved he made it. One more week would drive me nuts!
                        They are proposing two more weeks added to general season to match up with south texas.

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                        Yeah they’re gonna screw up doing this. A lot of people I know wait till ML to kill their does. We already have a 4 month deer season as if that’s not long enough. I get why the south Texas folk want it later but just change that region.
                        Can't disagree, buch of bucks in our area dropped their antler by the first week in january this year.

Comment

I wish they would have done this for several of the far west/southern panhandle counties. Ward, Crane, Reeves, Pecos county west of 385 and north of I10 Etc... Hopefully this experimental restriction goes well and they implement it in other counties as well.
                          Last edited by westtexducks; 01-23-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Oh I'm all for this!!!!!!

Comment

My wife just said if this happens the divorce rate will go up!

Comment

I like the proposed changes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X