No announcement yet.

On Call Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did 30 years like that. Last ten I didn't even get paid when I got called out. Exempt employee they called it. But it was a good job and worth every effort. A lot of folks unemployed and under employed this Christmas. Thank God you have a good job and keep your nose to the grind stone.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Try being the boss of all the guys “on call”. You’re never not on call. Comes with the territory on each promotion.

One week every 6 isn’t bad at all.
      I didn't even think of the fact that as the coordinator for my department all of the communication goes through me

I answer my phone 24/7 if I think it has something to do with work, no pay for that but I figure it is part of the job

Comment

I work in the oilfield. On call 10-15 days a month. No compensation for being on call and no OT pay if I gotta go out. We get no OT anytime anymore.

On the plus side, I rarely work 40 hrs a week but get paid for 40. It’s a trade off.

Skinny

Comment

I'm salary, on call 24/7 and it's just the way it is don't get anything for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
            I work in the oilfield. On call 10-15 days a month. No compensation for being on call and no OT pay if I gotta go out. We get no OT anytime anymore.

On the plus side, I rarely work 40 hrs a week but get paid for 40. When I’m done with my work, I head to the house. It’s a trade off.

Skinny

Skinny

Comment

Last place I worked ( oil tool company ) we were always on call. 24hrs/day. No extra pay. Only time we were "off" was when on vacation but upper guys werent really even off then. It does suck knowing you were never really free. But overall we didnt get called very often.

Comment

I'm on call 24/7 and average 4 calls a month. My overtime rate starts when I leave the house.

Comment

I'm on call one weekend a month. If the phone don't ring I don't get squat.

I'll be on call Christmas and New Year's and if I don't get called I have to burn 8 hours holiday pay...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am on call one week per month. I am a salary employee, so no compensation whether I am called out or not. I do get mileage.

The hourly guys get garenteed time no matter if they work it or not.

Comment

I’m always on call but my hours start when I leave my house and minimum 13hrs pay when I leave. I don’t stay home like some jobs would have to though.

Comment

I'm in the HVAC busines. I'm on call 24/7 365 going on six years now. I get nothing extra.

Comment

As a supervisor I was on call 7/24 When called out no additional compensation either. Working additional days for ta and still no additional compensation. Retired after 36 years and not one management came to my retirement farewell so just look out for yourself because there are very few companies that take care of their employees like companies use to. Save all you can and retire as soon as you can.

Comment

Color me shocked. I really figured compensation for on call would be pretty standard but it sure doesn’t sound that way.

Comment

Originally posted by dxtbowhunter View Post
                              I'm in the HVAC busines. I'm on call 24/7 365 going on six years now. I get nothing extra.
                              You should. 85 is the norm per hour here. Anything after 500 pm is 130 per hour. So you or your boss are making some dinero.

Comment

They are. I don't get called out that much. But, I do charge them when I leave the house till I get back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X