No announcement yet.

Never know what you might catch fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW NICE fish, and good eating with crappie!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Wow you are hauling out some giants. Is this a new development? Did you put the grass carp back?

We put some grass carp in one of our big ponds and the bass have all but disappeared. The pond is nice and clean but very few bass. And every now and then somebody will catch one of the carp.

Comment

Great pics of some awesome fish.
            Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              Wow you are hauling out some giants. Is this a new development? Did you put the grass carp back?

We put some grass carp in one of our big ponds and the bass have all but disappeared. The pond is nice and clean but very few bass. And every now and then somebody will catch one of the carp.
              The development has been around for a few years but still growing. I'm the only person that has permission to fish it so it's nice to have it to myself. I catch and release everything except crappie because that's what the owners want. They said they put 15 of the carps in the pond when they first built it and they don't reproduce so the number of carps is the same. I have been working with the biologist in hopes to catch the ShareLunker he has been wanting to produce.

Comment

15!! We put two in our 4 acre lake and they ate everything. Granted, now they are over 30 lbs each but I'd bet 15 good sized grass carp will clean out a 10 acre lake in no time. Meaning all those nice big bass will go away along with the crappie if it ends up like our pond. I could totally be wrong but 15 sounds like too many. Just the same, congrats to you on the big bass. Nothing like that for sure. I see that you are in Mesquite. We are neighbors then.

Comment

Sac a lait success for sure, congrats on the great mess of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                    15!! We put two in our 4 acre lake and they ate everything. Granted, now they are over 30 lbs each but I'd bet 15 good sized grass carp will clean out a 10 acre lake in no time. Meaning all those nice big bass will go away along with the crappie if it ends up like our pond. I could totally be wrong but 15 sounds like too many. Just the same, congrats to you on the big bass. Nothing like that for sure. I see that you are in Mesquite. We are neighbors then.
                    They haven't seem to ever hurt the fishing and they have one of the best wildlife biologist in charge of the pond and he knows what he's doing.

Comment

Bet that was fun. Very nice!

Comment

Wow! What a Honey Hole.

Comment

Sweet!!

Comment

Hey friend! if you ever want any company, Id be happy to go hahaha I'm just down the road if you're in Mesquite.

Congrats on the quality fish, I'm jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                              Hey friend! if you ever want any company, Id be happy to go hahaha I'm just down the road if you're in Mesquite.

Congrats on the quality fish, I'm jealous!
                              Lol I could always us company but it's about 45 min from mesquite

Comment

Which direction? Im technically in plano haha My rods are always loaded up. Shoot me a PM if you go on the weekends or on Tuesdays.

Comment

Working...
                                X