What happened to ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
    The hair doesn't make or break the kid. The inside matters much more than the outside.

This!
    I will say though, I HATE seeing some dude chick with a man bun. Absolutely disgusting to me. LOL!

Comment

I don't care what you do with your hair, your truck, your house, or your life just don't try to push it onto my side of the fence!

Comment

Well long hair in schools for boys has always been around. I like my kid’s baseball coach.
        Shave even if all you have is peach fuzz
        Hair does not touch ears or collar

It looks good and gets them ready for a career other than Jimmy Johns

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The real question is why you’re camping out near schools scoping out little boys...

Comment

I don't think the hair makes the man. Saw one on vacation at the Smithsonian. Young lad with shoulder length blonde hair with pink highlights. It didn't hurt my feelings.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I think kids grow their hair long sometimes because they know their parents don't agree with it. Kids in general are rebellious and will do anything possible just to know that they are annoying the heck out of their parents. The more people who tell them they need a hair cut, the longer it will get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably the same kids you need to get off your lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    This!
                    I will say though, I HATE seeing some dude chick with a man bun. Absolutely disgusting to me. LOL!
                    The man-bun is this generation's mullet lol

My dad was born in 55. Looking through his HS yearbook (class of '74), it seemed every dude had long hair.

Comment

I don’t care if my kids hair has a little length. With that said he will have a fresh haircut, shaved face, and will be tucked in. I don’t like a soup sandwich and my kid is not looking like one. His baseball coach takes it a step farther and has hair length standards. I think someone tried to challenge it and he just said they don’t have to cut their hair they just can not step on the field if they are not up to team standards

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Little boys having boys haircuts???

On a short vacation and seems like when head closer to bigger towns you see quite a few elementary age boys with hair down below their shoulders.

Do schools not require haircuts anymore? Parents blow the haircut money on select sports? What’s the deal?
                        It all started with the square-toed boot, bedazzled back pocket, california truck lean transgender syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Bam!!!
                          Our school requires hair cuts (small school outside San Angelo).

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            I resemble that guy, maybe worse, yeah its worse... Similar hair(not as poofy), beard, piercings, tattoos (went through a punk phase; used to have mohawk). I hunt. fish, guns since 7yo, work on cars, used to drag race, motorcycles, ect. ( had to add in manly stuff)

Could be rebel thing, likely. its also just Culture, changing of the times. people don't dress the same as the 1800's, as 1900's, as 1920, 1950, 60,70, and so on.
                            Funny thing is, I'm 35, look at younger kids style and go what the hell, when I did similar stuff. Looks Dont make the person.
                            Oh, and it will not always cause job finding difficulties, things are more accepted today, for better or worse. There are extremes that can cause job difficulties, but in general long hair will not.

I will not ever get the Cali-lean or skinny jeans/skinny jeans falling off a#* style.
                            Last edited by JasonS; 03-16-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
                              My sophomore son has been growing his hair out, it's not quite shoulder length but it's long. Most adults give him a hard time about it and he takes it in stride. Some of his friends too, mostly girls as they are running their fingers through his hair. He was even addressed as ma'am by a waiter at a restaurant in front of several of his friends. He still wears it long. His grades are mostly A's with an occasional B. He plays football and basketball, keeps the stats for the baseball team, he's well on his way to Eagle Scout, and he's well liked by his peers. Keep it up young man! You do all the good and I could care less how you wear your hair! Although, I am one of the adults that gives him a hard time about. It's the dad thing to do!
                              Congrats to your kid and you.

Comment

All got started yesterday when my son was playing with another young boy at the water park. Both 6-8 yrs old. Mine came over to the chairs/tables area and said he was having fun playing water wars with a little girl. Just so happens that little “boys” Mom was sitting at the table next to us and immediately spoke up and said it was a boy in a really rude fine. Well newsflash if you don’t want to be called a girl don’t look like one! Guess I’m old fashioned (and not old). Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X