Webb County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webb County

I’m still looking for the right new lease and may have a place in Webb County lined up but I have a couple questions for you Webb county guys.

The place is not too Far East of Laredo off 359. It’s 1200ac within a much larger high fenced area. My concern is it’s proximity to town. I’m told illegals are not a problem. Anyone familiar with the area have opinions on this general area As far as the Hunting or foot traffic?

How many guns can 1200ac comfortably support in the area? We’re only looking to take 2 maybe 3 trophies a year.

There are a few tanks but no power or running water in camp. We need campers and generators. What’s a good price per acre?

I’m intrigued by the south Texas brush country and I know this area has a reputation for growing big deer but I’ve never hunted it. Any other advice for a south Texas novice when evaluating a lease in the area?

South Texas is life changing hunting. Don’t worry about illegals, they won’t bother you.

Comment

Webb County

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      I’m still looking for the right new lease and may have a place in Webb County lined up but I have a couple questions for you Webb county guys.

The place is not too Far East of Laredo off 359. It’s 1200ac within a much larger high fenced area. My concern is it’s proximity to town. I’m told illegals are not a problem. Anyone familiar with the area have opinions on this general area As far as the Hunting or foot traffic?

How many guns can 1200ac comfortably support in the area? We’re only looking to take 2 maybe 3 trophies a year.

There are a few tanks but no power or running water in camp. We need campers and generators. What’s a good price per acre?

I’m intrigued by the south Texas brush country and I know this area has a reputation for growing big deer but I’ve never hunted it. Any other advice for a south Texas novice when evaluating a lease in the area?

3 or 4 people would be what I would want but my budget I would around 30[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would find out what has been going on inside that high fence for last 5-10 years.
        What are they killing?
        What is the buck:doe ratio?
        Is there plenty of water?
        How much is everyone else paying?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
          I would find out what has been going on inside that high fence for last 5-10 years.
          What are they killing?
          What is the buck:doe ratio?
          Is there plenty of water?
          How much is everyone else paying?
          This past year they killed a bunch of culls. Mostly 8s and 9s in the 120s. I’ve seen a couple of pictures of deer in the 140-150 range from killed two years ago. I’ve been told there are way to many does. We’d have to work on that. Also told they let a lot of middle aged 10s walk this season and that they’ve spent the past couple years killing culls. Was told the herd is slowly improving. All this is word of mouth. There are a 3 or 4 large stock tanks on the place. Could probably use more surface water though.

It’s not a perfect place but the price is right so I’m trying to figure out if somethings up.

Comment

How close to town ?

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
              How close to town ?
              PM sent

Comment

Here are a few pictures of deer I took when I was going to college in Laredo. The area is definitely able to grow big deer. These were all right on campus. So being close to town would not be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                  How close to town ?
                  That's what I was thinking...I roll in that way after Mirando City at least once a week. I got caught up in that mess a couple / 3 weeks ago when that trooper had the head on & got routed up to 59 at aguilares to make it to town. I was on fumes when I crawled in!!

How's your routine look the next week or so...wanna catch lunch?? Think I'll be going there Tuesday or Wed next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    That's what I was thinking...I roll in that way after Mirando City at least once a week. I got caught up in that mess a couple / 3 weeks ago when that trooper had the head on & got routed up to 59 at aguilares to make it to town. I was on fumes when I crawled in!!

How's your routine look the next week or so...wanna catch lunch?? Think I'll be going there Tuesday or Wed next week.
                    Hey man. Yea for sure lemme know when you’re in town.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post

Here are a few pictures of deer I took when I was going to college in Laredo. The area is definitely able to grow big deer. These were all right on campus. So being close to town would not be a bad thing.

Yea man. Friggin monsters on campus. That’s Killam land.

Comment

Don't know if I missed or not, how big is the high fence? Might, might not be a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                          This past year they killed a bunch of culls. Mostly 8s and 9s in the 120s. I’ve seen a couple of pictures of deer in the 140-150 range from killed two years ago. I’ve been told there are way to many does. We’d have to work on that. Also told they let a lot of middle aged 10s walk this season and that they’ve spent the past couple years killing culls. Was told the herd is slowly improving. All this is word of mouth. There are a 3 or 4 large stock tanks on the place. Could probably use more surface water though.

It’s not a perfect place but the price is right so I’m trying to figure out if somethings up.
                          Are you actually talking to the people that were hunting it this season or the landowner? I would want to know why it is available and affordable in Webb County under high fence.

Comment

Is this near walker country?

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                              South Texas is life changing hunting. Don’t worry about illegals, they won’t bother you.
                              This. The management of the property will determine how many mature bucks you kill, not necessarily big trophies.
                              That area is good hunting.
                              I would worry more about poachers and thieves than illegals.

BP

Comment

Working...
                              X