New Archery Park in Tyler, Tx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Archery Park in Tyler, Tx.

A very good friend of mine is designing an Archery Park just outside of Tyler in Flint, Texas. It's on 160 acres where the new Dogwood Hills (public) gun range is located. They should have the static range and Hunter 3D range open in two weeks. The static range will have a youth range(5-20yds.); adult range (20-70yds.; with a 12ft elevated platform to shoot static and 3D animals. The Hunter 3D is a walk thru 15 targets with a 12 ft. Elevated platform at the end were you can shoot 5 3D animals.
    On Sept. 12th and Sept. 26, from 8:00am-12:00pm Bow Hunting 101 class to improve Bow Hunting skills will be offered. For details call Danny Yarbrough @ 903-279-5524 or the office 903-593-3442. They will also have beginning Achery classes starting September 14 and Archery 101 on September 15.
    What blew my mind is they have the space for 22 3D ranges!!
    This will be awesome for our Archery Community!! And it will be open to the Public!
    I can't wait for it to open in two weeks!!

wow that sounds like a lot of fun ,

Comment

They have the plans for development for this place up in the office out there and it will be an awesome place when it is all done! I went out and checked my rifles a couple of weeks ago, it is not easy to get to though!

Comment

I saw something about this. Really excited to get out there.

Comment

Sounds awesome

Comment

I will be there as soon as I can

Comment

In addition to rifle ranges, pistol ranges, archery ranges they plan on having a zip line and rock climbing wall.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Tracy and I are going there this Saturday to help them lay out the 3D lanes.

Comment

Donny I was going to post this after talking to you earlier tonight, guess you beat me to it

Comment

Man can't wait. Glad it's on the south side of Tyler. Should be about 30 min from me in Palestine. Coach

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Dwilliams View Post
                          A very good friend of mine is designing an Archery Park just outside of Tyler in Flint, Texas. It's on 160 acres where the new Dogwood Hills (public) gun range is located. They should have the static range and Hunter 3D range open in two weeks. The static range will have a youth range(5-20yds.); adult range (20-70yds.; with a 12ft elevated platform to shoot static and 3D animals. The Hunter 3D is a walk thru 15 targets with a 12 ft. Elevated platform at the end were you can shoot 5 3D animals.
                          On Sept. 12th and Sept. 26, from 8:00am-12:00pm Bow Hunting 101 class to improve Bow Hunting skills will be offered. For details call Danny Yarbrough @ 903-279-5524 or the office 903-593-3442. They will also have beginning Achery classes starting September 14 and Archery 101 on September 15.
                          What blew my mind is they have the space for 22 3D ranges!!
                          This will be awesome for our Archery Community!! And it will be open to the Public!
                          I can't wait for it to open in two weeks!!
                          What about Tyler Archery Club? They have a great range.

Is this funded by the city?

Comment

Danny's a good man. He used to coach at Canton ISD and ran a tough archery team and fielded several state champions and multiple national qualifiers. After coaching at Canton, Danny took over a position with Texas Parks and Wildlife and ran a huge part of TP&W's archery program. Danny helped us get our archery team started and guided us through the grant process to fund our team. He's had a positive influence on hundreds of kids through archery. I can't say enough good things about the man.

Comment

Where is this at near Flint?

n/m, found it. 11 miles from my backyard range
                              Last edited by Tubby; 08-31-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X