Your 2017 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 2017 Trad Goals

First and foremost, I'd like to be a better father/husband. There's always room for improvement there. Just ask my wife, [emoji23].

Archery-wise,

- I'd love to shoot a few pigs, an Axis, and/or a Turkey before deer season.

- I'd like to put more time in shooting each week, focusing on quilts vs quantity.

- Lastly, I'd really like to try my hand at building a few "Hill Style" longbows. I dream about being able to make some nice bows to give to all my friends, getting them as fired up about this whole Trad thing as I have been over the past 6-8 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To start bow hunting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        My #1 goal for 2017 is to get back on a good deer lease!

Bisch
        We may have a spot on my lease (I'll know more after January 31st when the first payment comes due). A father / son couple might not renew.

Its NOT a trophy whitetail lease (130" is a good deer on out place). But, we have Nice axis bucks on the place. Since its year -round, hunting season never ends for us. You can go anytime and shoot axis doe, bucks, sika bucks or doe, and hogs. The whitetail season is just gravy to us.

Great lease manager and very nice landowner.

Comment

Dang that's what we all dream of. Where is it at?

Gary

Comment

7 miles West of Roosevelt North side of I-10. The North Llano fronts the property

Comment

My goals are as followed..

1. Find a lease and get back involved in the bs and fun at camp with friends.. (been hunting nothing but public land)

2. Get any critter with my homemade bamboo and flint with turkey feathers from last spring.

3. Just have faith and shoot as much trade as I can and extend my range of comfortable yardage.

4. Meet a pile of new trad friends..

Comment

My answer to the 2017 goals:
                1) Kill a nice Axis buck this year with a trad bow
                2) Hunt hogs via spot and stalk with my trad bow
                3)Work perfecting my release at home in the backyard.
                4) get even better at shooting of course!

Comment

Just have a good time shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to get out and hunt more..

I just booked a full week at the Lincoln ranch so hopefully I can put something down in that time.

Comment

oh and my plan is to get back in 3D trad. shoots, 6 years ago I did a lot of Indoor spots with Olympic competition rigs and it was super fun and it ultimately led me to bowhunting and hunting in general, I plan on attending at least two

Comment

Kill a mature whitetail buck with trad equipment. Been to long!

Comment

I would like to get a hog...its been awhile since the last one I shot.

Comment

1. shoot a mature whitetail buck at our place.
                            2. shoot my bow better and perform better than last year at 3D Shoots (Hill Country Shootout and Chester Specifically)
                            3. Improve the habitat at our place in the hill country so that more shot opportunities at animals I want to shoot happen. (I freaking hate pigs!)
                            4. Scout more and learn more

Comment

I am also wanting to learn to weld so I can do some projects out at the lease I have in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

My only goal is - Shoot my bow, and bow hunt as much as possible.

Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X