Dr Jordan B Peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    The thing I like most about Jordan Peterson is that his main interest is in figuring things out. Not pushing what is right based on his own definitions, but baring the most vulnerable part of an argument that so that it can be scrutinized and analyzed for whether it is truth. Best of all he usually does this on the fly. You get to see his mind work, to question itself, and to identify not just the basis for the idea but the ancient and psychological building blocks that enabled the idea to exist in the first place.
    Ive seen him come back to a thought he had during a lecture he made at least an hour before and revisit it as his reasoning on a new topic required corrections to be made on the reasoning of another. I often find myself doing the same as you mentioned of him; verbally forming my statements out loud in front of whomever I am speaking with to make sure I am using the most rational and logical language possible.

Comment

An article written about the evening. I haven't had time to read through all of it but it appears to quote a lot of what was said that night.

On a steamy Houston evening, hundreds of Jordan Peterson fans lined up to hear the Canadian psychology professor speak in a venue normally filled by indy rock bands, glazed eyes, and singing banshees. Not this night. The Revention Center hosted...

Comment

Working...
      X