Yall aint right.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
      MMM, I love a good beaver!

finger.
      lick'n.
      good.

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of gar patties? If so whats the recipe?

Comment

I've heard of gar patties and had some before but wasn't sure exactly how they were made. It was a long time ago but I think it had something to do with a pressure cooker and it cooks bones and all kinda like what you'd get out of canned salmon. Then add a egg, flower, seasonings and make patties and fry em up. Then again, I could be completely wrong, just guessin on how they did it.

Comment

I have a new one!!!!

Comment

IGUANA STEW

1 Iguana
              1 lg Onion
              2 Cloves Garlic
              3 Tomatoes
              2 Green Peppers
              4 t Achiote Oil
              1 pn Pepper
              Salt -- To Taste

Make the achiote oil by frying the achiote slowly until the oil is red. Kill the iguana by cutting off its head. Open the belly lengthwise and remove all the entrails. Cook in salted water until the meat is tender (take care not to let it get too soft). Peel and cut in portions. Season with all the above ingredients and cook with about 1 cup water, until almost dry.

Comment

I saw in a recipe book about eating coon but it took two folks..one needs to watch the road for oncoming cars..!

Comment

had needle nose gar last night, just cut em across the back bone and make round steaks out of them, then you can grill them or cook how you want, we soak in buttermilk all night then cook, sorta like you do with catfish

Comment

Cool. I just found a new one on the net. However I will NOT be trying it!!!!!

Cricket Cookies

Ingredients:
                    2 1/4 cup flour
                    1 tsp. baking soda
                    1 tsp. salt
                    1 cup butter, softened
                    3/4 cup sugar
                    3/4 cup brown sugar
                    1 tsp. vanilla
                    2 eggs
                    1 12-ounce chocolate chips
                    1 cup chopped nuts
                    1/2 cup dry-roasted crickets

Directions:
                    Preheat oven to 375. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and insects, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                      I've heard of gar patties and had some before but wasn't sure exactly how they were made. It was a long time ago but I think it had something to do with a pressure cooker and it cooks bones and all kinda like what you'd get out of canned salmon. Then add a egg, flower, seasonings and make patties and fry em up. Then again, I could be completely wrong, just guessin on how they did it.
                      I've eaten them but there was no need for a pressure cooker. Just ground up the gar and mix it with equal weight of boiled potatoes. Add in any celery, onion, green onion or shallots according to your taste. Also salt, pepper or seasoned salt to taste. Form into patties and coat with flour or corn flour and fry.

I have heard of some people precooking the gar by lightly frying or boiling it in cheesecloth in seasoned water to give it a different texture and taste before mixing it the other ingredients. I have never eaten it that way but it sounds okay if someone is inclined to eat gar.

Comment

Nutria isnt bad if pot roasted. Ive used 6-8 hindquarters of young nutria and cook like rabbit-brown and let simmer.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

I like this thread... very entertaining so I am movin it ttt

Comment

Thanks. Merry Christmas. Did anyone eat anything STRANGE!!!!!!!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X