Sometimes I just gotta shake my head..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
    Man, that was floating around in 1993. Do you also know a nurse who was confused by the baby name fa-mal-ea? or Female?

I was gonna say the same....The "La-a" folktale has been around a long long time

Next up Ima and Ura Hogg..

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      My boys went to school with a kid named ****head

Pronounced Shi-thead.....
      Yep. I know an attorney in New Orleans that had to take a deposition from a kid named ****head. At Charity Hospital in New Orleans, some of the new mothers would let the interns name their kids. Someone compiled a list, and there were more than a few named Gonorrhea (pronounced ga-noria) and Syphilis (pronounced si-fylus). Other names included Aneurysm, Infarction, Cystitis, etc.

Comment

Ima Hogg actually lived here in Quitman. There’s a museum and tour of house here at the city park. Wife of Jim Hogg
        Last edited by Low Fence; 06-04-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Worked in a NICU for a while. We kept a book of names. La-ian was one. Some of the others were Little Miss America, Semen (Sa-mon)... We had a lot of Nevaeh, heaven backwards. One was Navaeh. They spelled it wrong. There were twins - Dallas and Maverick.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            My boys went to school with a kid named ****head

Pronounced Shi-thead.....
            Thats funny, as I was just about to post that I arrested a girl once that had the same name.

Once arrested a girl with the name of Co' Caine as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

And let us not forget the kost most famous, a boy named Sue.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Well at least she got her dip - Loma
                Lmao!!! Killin' me!

Comment

I remember catching a passenger in a stolen car named kunta-- kinte that was back in the late 80’s or early 90’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kid at the school my wife taught at was named Fart Snotgrass

Comment

When my MIL taught, two of her best students were brothers named Taj Mahal and Raj Majal.
                      And a young girl in line at the grocery store years ago they were calling Chocky. Real name was Czechoslovakia.

Comment

Ran into almost the same situation around 8 years ago. This one was Le-a............

Comment

Saw a witness to a robbery at a convenience store, and the news aired her name...

Airwrecka (Erica)

Comment

I worked with a Chocolate and a Lasagna years ago! I might have spelled Chocolates name wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine had a girl named E$$cent$ in her 2nd grade class. And yes. She used the dollar sign in place of "s".

Comment

Wife taught a 5th grade English class with a boy named “Pajamas”. His momma pronounced it “Pa-jamas”. SMH

Comment

Working...
                                X