Chicken sausage recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken sausage recipe

Does anyone have a good chicken sausage recipe.....I've made all other kinds of sausage, but would like to try making chicken sausage....... & GO

Nobody ????

Comment

•5 lbs boned chicken or turkey. Make sure to use both light and dark meats and include the skin.

•2 tablespoons kosher salt

•2 teaspoons fine ground black pepper

•2 teaspoons ground or rubbed sage

•1 teaspoon ground ginger

•1 teaspoon thyme

•1 teaspoon savory

•1 cup cold chicken stock or broth

1.Cut all the meat, including the skin, into small pieces (about 1 inch) and then pass them through the medium disk of your meat grinder.

2.Add all the spices to the one cup of chicken broth and mix them thoroughly.

3.Add the broth/spice combination to the ground meat, mix it all briefly by hand, and grind the meat once more, using the fine plate on the meat grinder this time.

4.Stuff the sausage into natural or collagen casings of your choice. I prefer 32mm collagen casings for this sausage, but any of the smaller sizes would be acceptable.

Comment

The chicken is cooked before you debone it, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought some chicken fajita sausage at the grocery store the other day. It was amazing. I thought about buying some the HEB preseasoned chicken fajitas and cooking them and making sausage, but figured if I went that far I might as well just chop them up and put them on a tortilla.

Comment

Might actually have to try this

Comment

sounds good . . .

Comment

Bumping this to the top for some more info, and thoughts

Comment

Make sure you use chicken thighs as they have much more flavor.

Comment

Yummy

Comment

Working...
                    X