Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txisboi23 View Post
    Wife and I just started the new Keto diet. On week 2 and so far its going good. I do miss some of the carbs i was use to but mental control is working.

I do have a request for suggestions. What are you all using for Protein powder? I like to have at least 1 shake a day to supplement protein intake. Most powders im use to have a pretty high count of carbs.

Thank you for the help!
    ISO 100 is also a good powder that is low in carb content compared to other powders. I used it for several months and was happy with results. Also it tastes pretty good for protein powder

Comment

Originally posted by txisboi23 View Post
      Wife and I just started the new Keto diet. On week 2 and so far its going good. I do miss some of the carbs i was use to but mental control is working.

I do have a request for suggestions. What are you all using for Protein powder? I like to have at least 1 shake a day to supplement protein intake. Most powders im use to have a pretty high count of carbs.

Thank you for the help!
      Quest Nutrition will be your friend. Best tasting and Macros in my experience.

Comment

Thank you for the replies! I will be checking the suggested powders out.

Ross V.

Comment

I guy I work with just brought in some Vanilla Flavored Stevia. It has 1 gram of carbs in it but gives keto coffee a good flavor boost.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            I guy I work with just brought in some Vanilla Flavored Stevia. It has 1 gram of carbs in it but gives keto coffee a good flavor boost.

I add vanilla and peppermint extract to mine. Delicious

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

222 this morning...the holidays wrecked me!

Comment

I’ve been having trouble staying on it!!! Disgusted with myself!

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post

Yep, had a big cheat meal yesterday and was totally not worth it. Back strict today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been fasting two days a week and keto the five. Steady loss.

I might have a low carb beer today if I can find a good one.

Comment

Wife just made a ham cauliflower soup that fits keto well. I’m loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                        You can do it, get back on track.

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        Yep, had a big cheat meal yesterday and was totally not worth it. Back strict today.

They sound good at the time but majority are not worth it. My next cheat meal will be fajitas and rita's. Sometime in a month or 2.

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                        I have been fasting two days a week and keto the five. Steady loss.

I might have a low carb beer today if I can find a good one.
                        Good low carb beer............hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Does such a thing even exist?

Edit..what I've done is, go no carb, except for 1 good beer. Then a little extra cardio to burn it off.

Wife just made a ham cauliflower soup that fits keto well. I’m loving it.

Insert recipe here please sir.

Comment

I have been using this protein powder.

Best Quality Organic Health Supplements and Vitamins - Acai, Coconut oil, Collagen, Chlorella, Spirulina, Cordyceps, Magnesium, Rhodiola and more.

VIRTUALLY TASTELESS AND ODORLESS: Hydrolyzed means the collagen has been broken down into shorter chains, called peptides. The resulting powder is virtually tasteless and odorless, and collagen hydrolysate peptides have a very low molecular weight, meaning you can stir it into anything you’d like, and it will blend right in. It’s even soluble in cold liquids!

MAXIMUM PROTEIN WITHOUT FAT OR CARBS: Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen is 97 percent protein – the highest in the industry! Each serving has over 10 grams of protein, with no sugar, fat, or carbohydrates. Our Collagen Peptides have a high bioavailability, meaning your body can absorb and utilize it well, reaping the benefits of every ounce of product.

PACKED WITH BENEFITS: Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body, and has many roles, including the promotion of healthy and youthful looking skin. Some of the other potential benefits include better joint and bone health, improved digestion, reduced inflammation, increased metabolism, better brain function, and a deeper sleep.
                          EASY TO USE: We know bone broth is nutrient-dense, because of the gelatin it contains. Gelatin is simply cooked collagen. Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen provides many of the benefits of homemade bone broth, without the time it takes to make and consume. Plus, with our powdered collagen peptides, you can add a scoop to any variety of liquids to mix it up!

FROM EXCLUSIVELY GRASS-FED COWS: Our Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen is only sourced from Brazilian pasture raised, grass-fed cows. Grass fed cows are happier and healthier than grain-fed cows, giving you a better final product. Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen is also 100% natural, free of pesticides, hormones, chemicals, and contaminants. It is gluten free and non-GMO, and a great supplement for the Paleo diet.

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Insert recipe here please sir.[/quote]

1/2 stick butter, 1/4 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 head cauliflower, 1 cup shredded cheese, 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 6 cups of stock. Sauté onions in butter until soft add chopped garlic and chopped cauliflower. Cook for 5 minutes. Add stock and simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Put cauliflower in blender with small amounts of broth and blend until smooth. Add cheeses to brother, stir until melted. Add cauliflower mixture. Add pepper and Italian seasoning.

Comment

Insert recipe here please sir.

1/2 stick butter, 1/4 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 head cauliflower, 1 cup shredded cheese, 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 6 cups of stock. Sauté onions in butter until soft add chopped garlic and chopped cauliflower. Cook for 5 minutes. Add stock and simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Put cauliflower in blender with small amounts of broth and blend until smooth. Add cheeses to brother, stir until melted. Add cauliflower mixture. Add pepper and Italian seasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Made a little green Chile soup today. This clears the sinuses out. The Chile probably has the most carbs of all the ingredients. Turned out really good.
                                Simple to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X