No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started this diet 2.5 weeks ago and am already down 12 pounds. I also havent drastically reduced my caloric intake to do so.

I did it to try an alternative fuel source for distance running. I dont run for speed, so the supposed lack of performance in activities of less than 1 hour does not matter to me.

If I do wish to do high intensity workout, I simply take in some carbs around that activity.

The lack of hunger and consistent energy level have been AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleplay43 View Post
      I started this diet 2.5 weeks ago and am already down 12 pounds. I also havent drastically reduced my caloric intake to do so.

I did it to try an alternative fuel source for distance running. I dont run for speed, so the supposed lack of performance in activities of less than 1 hour does not matter to me.

If I do wish to do high intensity workout, I simply take in some carbs around that activity.

The lack of hunger and consistent energy level have been AWESOME.
      If you have time will you post up an example of what you eat in a typical work day? Thanks.

Comment

Good results going on in this thread.

Comment

Okay, this recipe is absolute amazing. My wife says I'm biased because I always like when mushrooms are in a recipe. But, it is creamy bacon, mushroom, Italian chicken...

2-3 minutes per side in a hot cast iron with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. After both sides have had their 2-3 min, drop the skillet in a 350°-375° oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.

Remove the chicken from the pan, and set aside. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the sliced mushrooms until soft. Then add previously cooked and cut bacon, a cup of heavy cream, and thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Bring to a simmer until sauce has thickened and then add the chicken back in and cook for another few minutes.

We did it with some roasted cauliflower and it was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks and sounds great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you know the macros? And with or without the skin?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                Do you know the macros? And with or without the skin?

Boneless, skinless. The original recipe calls for bone in, skinless thighs but my wife only eats white meat poultry.
                Macros

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  Boneless, skinless. The original recipe calls for bone in, skinless thighs but my wife only eats white meat poultry.
                  Macros

Greatly appreciated, macros look really good!

Comment

Okay, this recipe is absolute amazing. My wife says I'm biased because I always like when mushrooms are in a recipe. But, it is creamy bacon, mushroom, Italian chicken...

2-3 minutes per side in a hot cast iron with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. After both sides have had their 2-3 min, drop the skillet in a 350°-375° oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.

Remove the chicken from the pan, and set aside. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the sliced mushrooms until soft. Then add previously cooked and cut bacon, a cup of heavy cream, and thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Bring to a simmer until sauce has thickened and then add the chicken back in and cook for another few minutes.

We did it with some roasted cauliflower and it was awesome.

Opened the thread, just because I'd never heard of the diet. I saw this post yesterday and it looked so good I had to try it last night. I'd have to agree, its amazing!

Comment

My main thing was if I did not take a multivitamin I'll get cramps sometimes. Pickle juice is your friend. You can definitely get dehydrated on diet. I am at 195 and maintaining.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                        My main thing was if I did not take a multivitamin I'll get cramps sometimes. Pickle juice is your friend. You can definitely get dehydrated on diet. I am at 195 and maintaining.

I drink copious amounts of water regardless of diet, so that's not an issue I have. Typically 50%-100% over the "recommended" amount. I am taking a multivitamin, and using extra salt to account for the flushing of salts.

Comment

I drink copious amounts of water regardless of diet, so that's not an issue I have. Typically 50%-100% over the "recommended" amount. I am taking a multivitamin, and using extra salt to account for the flushing of salts.

I also take Magnesium and Potassium as well. Helps with the electrolytes.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                            I also take Magnesium and Potassium as well. Helps with the electrolytes.

Yep, I drink Powerade zero, helps also. I use this salt because has both in it

Last edited by bps3040; 03-24-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                              Yep, I drink Powerade zero, helps also. I use this salt because has both in it

I use the pink salt and sea salt.

Comment

Celtic sea salt here, supposedly has beneficial minerals with the salt.

Comment

Working...
                                X