Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do? He's 5. Hard to let him walk...but I want to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!! GREAT Deer..

Comment

[ATTACH]810183[/ATTACH]

Comment

For the life of me I cant find a picture with his ears stretched out. He looks wider than last year, and I thought he was around 25-26.

Comment

Our place has a 6.5 rule on trophies with a 5.5 exception for 180" or better.....but that's our place. Tough call, but if everyone's on board, what's one more year gonna hurt? Short of losing him to natural, or oilfield worker, causes...

Comment

Like the move "A time to kill"

Comment

let him walk

Let him walk, over to my place. After much thought I've decided what I would do. Seriously, that is an incredible deer, and most people will never get a chance at one of that caliber. With that said, do you have other older deer like that to hunt? are you sure he'd improve? A lot of variables to consider. GL. D

Comment

I always like to see what pictures you and Tuco post up. 10 times out of 10 they are dream bucks!

Comment

I am thinking he is 28-29" wide and that right brow REALLY took off. You know your deer better then anyone, do they typically make their biggest jump from 4 to 5? If so, I would consider shooting him for the cool factor. Obviously from a breeding perspective it won't have much effect if you leave him or not for an extra year. I totally understand leaving a deer like that out there. Its hard to put them back once you pull the trigger and is always kind of bittersweet on a deer like that. I have him at 120" frame alone
                  Last edited by TildenHunter; 08-30-2016, 01:46 PM.

Comment

any new pics?

Comment

I guess I'll take one for the team and help you out with herd management.

Semper Fidelis
                      Nemo me impune lacessit
                      Luminarium ex obscurum

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        I would probably walk him on your place. If I saw him on my place there's a good chance I would fall out of the tree before I could get a shot off!
                        Amen!

Comment

He's bigger than any 3 bucks put together I have ever seen while hunting. I would probably pass out if he came in front of me, if not I'd loose an arrow. JMO

Comment

Any new hard horned pics of him? I think I would let him go another year, he is an incredible deer though!

Comment

I would drop him in December. Let him pass some genes on first

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                                I doubt seriously that I will kill him. I bet you I hunt him 20 times to try to get good pictures.
                                Any luck on getting some daytime pictures???

Comment

Working...
                                X