• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light but steady . . .

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Not me. I've got a few in between. I live to hunt.

Gary
      I will hunt between now and then, but this is the next hunt I am counting down towards. The pressure of deer season is behind me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife and I were talking about this hunt last night. I made a comment about meeting a bunch of my "friends". She's like, but you've only met 2 of them...lol. I guess it is kinda strange to some folks to look forward to hanging out with people you only know through the internet!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
          My wife and I were talking about this hunt last night. I made a comment about meeting a bunch of my "friends". She's like, but you've only met 2 of them...lol. I guess it is kinda strange to some folks to look forward to hanging out with people you only know through the internet!!
          LOL! yep

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
            Brings back memories of a Notre Dame football player and his "girlfriend" . . .[emoji15]

Gary

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would hate to see you be a "Catfish"ed Hunter.

I know, a bad joke but a good baseball player.

Gary

Comment

A bit of a story...back in the day, I was spending way more time on the internet than I do now. I was a regular on half a dozen outdoors sites. Well on this one, the guys had a regular meet up on the gulf coast of Florida, (they were mostly from N. Florida and S. Georgia) to fish and bowfish for stingrays.

I invited myself and they told me to come on. Well I bought a plane ticket and flew to Jacksonville. So I am sitting outside of the airport on my bag. I am waiting on a red pickup truck and I know the guys internet name only. At the time of pick up, he has not shown up yet, and I thought to myself, Johnson you are really kind of crazy some of the stuff you do.

I called the cell number he had PM to me and a woman answered, so I just hung up. I thought to myself, well what is the worst that can happen.....I grab a cab, get a room here, and party in Jacx for a few days, right.

Anyway, he pulled up, I had a great time with those guys, and it all worked out. But nothing wrong with meeting up with on-line friends.

Buff and I met right here and now we are BFFs.

Comment

I plan on at least 2 all day sits between now and the 1st. After that I have a group hunt in Louisiana in January with some guys from TG. Then it's Big Oak time!!!! Some of my best friends were met on group hunts!!

Comment

Come to think of it,, all my Trad buddies were met on group hunts!!

Comment

You almost have to meet your trad buddies online... it's not like we are on every corner... or every neighborhood or even town.

Comment

Most of the guys I have met have been thru the 3D circuit. That being said, I have have met a lot of folks thru the forums too, a few of which have turned into very good friends!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            You almost have to meet your trad buddies online... it's not like we are on every corner... or every neighborhood or even town.

Truth.

Gary

Comment

What's pretty funny is how many people I know who hunt don't get on internet forums. They have no idea what and who is out there who may share their exact interest or aspiration.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

That's for sure. Almost all my hunting buddies bowhunt, but none shoot trad. A couple older ones used to but they switched to compounds in later years like so many did.

Comment

Working...
                                X