Possible record breaking buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible record breaking buck

According to the Boone and Crockett Club and the Pope and Young Club this whitetail buck taken during the 2018 Illinois archery season could be the largest hunter-taken non-typical whitetail on record.

Bowhunter, Luke H. Brewster arrowed a buck from Edgar County, Illinois on November 2, 2018. Shortly after the harvest, photos circulated online stating it had a green score of 311. After the required 60-day drying period and consultation with both scoring organizations the official entry score of 320-5/8 confirmed that it is only the 5th hunter-taken non-typical whitetail to exceed 300 inches in history. If verified at this score, the buck would be the third largest non-typical whitetail in Boone and Crockett and the new Pope and Young World's Record.

The World's Record and number two all-time non-typical whitetail deer recognized by B&C are picked-up trophies scoring 333-7/8 and 328-2/8 B&C points respectively, and were found in St. Louis County, Missouri and Portage County, Ohio. The largest hunter taken, and current number three All-time non-typical whitetail on record with B&C scores 312 and was taken by Stephen L. Tucker from Sumner County, Tennessee in 2016.

"To put Luke's deer in perspective this deer could surpass our current World's Record that has stood for 18 years by more than 20 inches," said Eli Randall, director of Big Game Records for the Pope and Young Club.
    The current P&Y World's Record was taken by Michael Beatty from Green County, Ohio, in 2000 and scores 294 points. The second largest on record is a deer taken in 1962 in Nebraska by Del Austin with a score of 279-7/8 points.

Using the Boone and Crockett Club system of scoring, the Pope and Young Club maintains the records for all archery-taken trophies. Boone and Crockett recognizes trophies taken by all legal hunting methods, as well as picked-up or found trophies.

The 38-point buck has a gross typical frame of 151-5/8 with 178-3/8 inches of abnormal points. After an accepted entry score, all potential World's Record entries for each organization are verified by a panel of official measurers. A panel of B&C and P&Y measurers is being scheduled next to verify the buck's measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow

Comment

Incredible buck

Comment

What a monster!

Comment

Monster deer

Comment

Wow!!!!!

Comment

Heck of a deer!

Comment

How on earth does a deer get that big!? And how do you keep it together enough to make a shot!!

Comment

He must have one heck of a culling program.

Comment

Seriously though, an absolute freak of a deer.

Comment

got to be more to the story....

Comment

I saw one like that on the last day of our season on my place. He's my target buck for next year.

Hahahaha! Not! I'd hyperventilate if I saw something like that!

Comment

Holy!

Comment

wow...........

Comment

Escaped from a High fence [emoji23][emoji12].
                              That’s a freak buck for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X