Pistol during archery only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
    So if you make a bad shot you can use the pistol to finish off the deer. I'm glad they changed it, gives a pretty quick and painless why to finish one if need be
    Can't do this during archery season though - the only legal means is with an arrow.

Comment

i don't like breaking good arrows in pigs. bullets are a lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
        Can't do this during archery season though - the only legal means is with an arrow.
        this is correct. you cannot finish a deer or turkey with a gun during archery season.

Comment

I just carry it to look cool. if I run up on a pack of hogs I usually gently set my bow down and tear out into the middle of them, pick out the biggest and jump on his back grab him by the snout sticking my middle and ring fingers in his snout and in one smooth twisting and yanking motion break his top jaw off and use his blood as face paint. What...?... that's not how yall do it?

in all honesty something growled at me one time and it sounded mean and unless it growled I couldn't hear it. It growled three different times and every time it was in a different spot than the last growl. Freaked me out a little. now every time I go and stalk around I have it on my side. Just In Case.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
            Sure you can. Thats why they let you carry one now. Too many animals not able to be recovered

Comment

So if you make a bad shot you can use the pistol to finish off the deer. I'm glad they changed it, gives a pretty quick and painless why to finish one if need be
              I don't think this is allowed during archery-only season. Can you cite where this is stated? I cannot find it. How would you prove you did not shoot the deer first with the pistol and then stick an arrow in it?

Comment

Sure you can. Thats why they let you carry one now. Too many animals not able to be recovered
                The official statement why they let you carry now was:
                By policy, the department has historically allowed persons licensed to carry a concealed handgun under the provisions of Government Code, Chapter 411, Subchapter H, to be in possession of a handgun while hunting during an archery season. The department has determined that rather than have a confusing regulation that allows firearms to be possessed during archery seasons in some circumstances, but not in others, it is prudent to allow any person to possess a firearm while hunting during archery seasons; however, the use of a firearm to take turkey or deer during an archery season would still be prohibited.
                So it was just to eliminate the headache of determining if a person was allowed to carry or not.

Comment

I carry a handgun when I hunt for the same reason I carry one other places... you don't become magically more or less safe when in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by COKEMAN View Post
                    The official statement why they let you carry now was:

So it was just to eliminate the headache of determining if a person was allowed to carry or not.
                    Right a firearm. A pistols a handgun so its ok

Comment

Originally posted by NLuna View Post
                      don't forget Chupacabra and Sasquatch!
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I've been threaten with a gun in East Texas, glad I wasn't carrying that day or someone might of got shot. The guy had a black powder pistol, so I assumed he would probably blow himself up when he tried to shot me. lol

Comment

Right a firearm. A pistols a handgun so its ok
                          lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Fraidycats.

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                                I carry a handgun when I hunt for the same reason I carry one other places... you don't become magically more or less safe when in the woods.

Yeah you do. Less friggin people!

Comment

Working...
                                X