Pistol during archery only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol during archery only?

I have been looking online cant find it. I think I remember that the law changed that you can carry with you when hunting now in archery only?

In to be refreshed on the rule. I hate not having any firearm during my hike!

Comment

Yes
      Hunting Regulations

Means and Methods

It is now lawful for any person (other than a convicted felon) to possess a firearm while hunting deer or turkey during an archery-only season; however, the use of a firearm to take turkey or deer during an archery season remains unlawful.
      Last edited by coker737; 10-01-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Any reason why you need a pistol to bowhunt, other than it's you right to own one. Seems like extra weight to lug around. Now if you hunt down by the border or in east Texas, I can see a reason. Just kidding on the East Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
          i have been looking online cant find it. I think i remember that the law changed that you can carry with you when hunting now in archery only?
          you remember correctly

Comment

Never know when A big pig will come lol

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Any reason why you need a pistol to bowhunt, other than it's you right to own one. Seems like extra weight to lug around. Now if you hunt down by the border or in east Texas, I can see a reason. Just kidding on the East Texas.
              Pigs, trespassers... black panthers... all good reasons to keep the pistol handy

Comment

Illegals and rattlesnakes!

Comment

don't forget Chupacabra and Sasquatch!

Comment

Zombies

Comment

I've shot rattlesnakes and pigs walking to and from a bow stand. Remember the father and son near Stephenville who were attached by a pack of wild dogs several years ago. Had they not been armed the son probably wouldn't be here today.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                        Zombies
                        No no no you use your hunting knife for those or you'll draw more in

Comment

Cornsnakes, bullsnakes, water snakes, black widows, brown recluses, wolf spiders, wasp, bees, raccoons. Okay, that was a joke.

Honestly, pigs and Rattlesnakes is all I can think of. If you wear the right belt and holster the weight it adds is no big deal at all.

Comment

Better to have it and not need it...than to need it and not have it.

(drop the mic)

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdShot View Post
                              Better to have it and not need it...than to need it and not have it.

(drop the mic)
                              Words my Dad Spoke all the time. Follow to this day

Comment

Working...
                              X