No announcement yet.

Quick help unleaded in my Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well have it towed to the shop. Unless it is a job you can handle.

Comment

I dont see how it took any fuel ro intakes. It might be at the filter though. Didn't run more than a 1 min. Well I hope.
      Last edited by Spearchunker; 07-12-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
        why do people do this its not a big rig wow
        **** happens

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
          Truck was running when filling...

$$$$$$$$.

Comment

Its hot man
            Hope you get it worked out, but hot or not never fill up while the truck is running. I bet you won't do that again.

Comment

Looked at pump again. 2.4 gallons unleaded

Topped it with 22.2 gallons diesel.

I'm reading 10% is ok. Idk..

Comment

I dont see how it took any fuel ro intakes. It might be at the filter though. Didn't run more than a 1 min. Well I hope.
                I'd siphon it out and fill her up and say a lil prayer..

Comment

Drain is ASAP. My pops had this happen to his 6.4 (vandalism) and it was 10k+ to get it fixed.

Comment

I did it to my dodge couple years about the same situation and I topped it off with diesel and it never missed a beat . Not saying that's what you should do I'm just saying mine was fine.

Comment

Drain the tank and filters, then refill with diesel. It'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Worst case scenario is insurance will cover any damage (unlikely it hurt it though)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked at pump again. 2.4 gallons unleaded

Topped it with 22.2 gallons diesel.

I'm reading 10% is ok. Idk..
                          I'm with you. Gas has been mixed with diesel to prevent gelling in cold climates forever. Only issue I can see is if you get a shot of only gas. My wife did that years ago, and drove for 6-8 miles before it went bang and died.Didn't hurt the motor at all. Had towed to dealership. Drained everything and ended putting another 200,000 miles on that truck.

Comment

I don't have a clue what to do but I'm crossing my fingers for you. Sick feeling when you know you messed up. Hopefully it will all work out.

Comment

You can add diesel to gas but not vice versa, have to drain the tank, hopefully you did not start it, otherwise all the filters will need changed as well.

Comment

It absolutely will not hurt the engine. Just drain the tank, flush the lines and replace filters. Been there done that. I actually drove thru a car wash and was pulling out of the wash when it died. Figured i was in for a new engine. DO NOT take it to a dealership. They will lie and tell u the engine is toast. Min ran for 100k miles after that and I sold it and it is still on the road. There is no spark in a diesel engine to ignite the gas. Diesel combusts from compression. Might cost u a few hundred to get all the work done but the engine is fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X