"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all!!!

New to the sight... I'm headed out to granger today (went scouting yesterday).

I'm retired 37year old guy that the army beat up and now live in pflugerville... Lol

Wondering if anyone else is going out today? Might be nice to have a few hunting buddies, I'll probably go to area 7 today and kill sum squacks!! Gravy and squirrels... Yum!!

Possibly take my bow as well for a afternoon stalk?

Anyways... If anyone is going or has sum better ideas hit me up!

Daniel

Comment

There are a few of us in the pville area that make it out there but we're regular working stiffs so usually only weekends...that's pretty awesome to be retired at your age thanks for the service..I'm gonna try and make it out not this weekend but next.

Comment

Thanks for the info! If u want a "tag along" when j go just LMK..

I'm down for driving or whatever!

(Anyone for that matter) if u need a hunting buddy just LMK!

Oh yea and the wife works at Hutto high school so we're "dug in" to the local mix now 100%!! Lol

Daniel

Comment

Thanks for the info! If u want a "tag along" when j go just LMK..

I'm down for driving or whatever!

(Anyone for that matter) if u need a hunting buddy just LMK!

Oh yea and the wife works at Hutto high school so we're "dug in" to the local mix now 100%!! Lol

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsouthunter View Post
            Hello all!!!

New to the sight... I'm headed out to granger today (went scouting yesterday).

I'm retired 37year old guy that the army beat up and now live in pflugerville... Lol

Wondering if anyone else is going out today? Might be nice to have a few hunting buddies, I'll probably go to area 7 today and kill sum squacks!! Gravy and squirrels... Yum!!

Possibly take my bow as well for a afternoon stalk?

Anyways... If anyone is going or has sum better ideas hit me up!

Daniel
            Welcome! Oorah and Hooah! Thank you for your service.

Let us know what you see or kill. Good luck...may the Goddess bless you.

Comment

It was a good day! I got four squirrels I saw three does and one buck I saw a mama pig and a baby pig so I got to say all in all it was a pretty good day....:-)

Went to a few spots other than "7"...

I do KNOW I got a LOAD of walking done today:... I'm pooped.

Hope I get drawn for a deer permit!!!!

Comment

Awesome..i can go tromp through the woods with you but usually don't get out there until it gets cold enough to kill the snakes, bugs, lions, bears and sasquaches. Hoping there will be more pugs than last year. Anyway, congrats on the harvest.

Comment

I'll be heading out this afternoon between areas 6-7. Hopefully I'll run into one of you fellow TBH'ers.

Comment

Well... I have a question.

What's the way u fellas get over to area V, IV and III across the river from gate 7? (Other than the obvious river crossing)...

Also, Killa when u get out there between 6-7 are u stalk hunting or setting up somewhere?
                    Seems kinda late to get out thereb4 it's dark?

Comment

What's the way u fellas get over to area V, IV and III across the river from gate 7? (Other than the obvious river crossing)...

Also, Killa when u get out there between 6-7 are u stalk hunting or setting up somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsouthunter View Post

I've been trying to stalk hunt the past few times I've been out but it's real dry out right now so it's tough feels like I'm walking on potato chips. I got out there about 4pm saw about 7 does a few Armadillos that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by HogKilla View Post
                          I've been trying to stalk hunt the past few times I've been out but it's real dry out right now so it's tough feels like I'm walking on potato chips. I got out there about 4pm saw about 7 does a few Armadillos that was it.
                          It's still real early for the piggies in Granger. (They're best to hunt very early right now. Coolest part of the day.)

Yes, stalk.

Aim quick, they'll have their Nikes on.

It's best with some overcast days, light rain, and hopefully nothing above 60F for a high temp. You can find'em and whack'em between now and then... but why?

(joking!)

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DizzyTx View Post
                            It's still real early for the piggies in Granger. (They're best to hunt very early right now. Coolest part of the day.)

Yes, stalk.

Aim quick, they'll have their Nikes on.

It's best with some overcast days, light rain, and hopefully nothing above 60F for a high temp. You can find'em and whack'em between now and then... but why?

(joking!)

Good luck!
                            Appreciate the insight!!!

Comment

Paddle across in the kayak. You can walk in from the trail head. Never done it, always seems to be enough hogs between 6 and 7.

Comment

You could ride a bicycle from the trail head also. Again, it's to hot for this old man. Waiting for mid December.

Comment

Working...
                                X