New to me bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me bow

I was able to trade my Thunderchild for a Tall Tines recurve. Got it just before I went out of town. Took a few shots with jt but didn't have time to do much.
    Got in at 5am this morning after driving all night and slept about 4 hours. Got up and got busy but a few minutes ago I took it out and started playing around. Working on getting brace height and nock height dialed in. Needs a new string but I'm sure Daniel can fix me up there.
    However after adding and subtracting weight from some 500 spine arrows I had already cut I was getting decent arrow flight and tried to bear down for a group at 15 yards. Looks like I will order some arrows as well.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Nice bow! Congrats

Comment

Nice!!!!

Comment

Nice!! Looks like you're shooting it pretty well!! I've never shot a Talltines but I've heard good things. It's a good looking bow too. Congrats!!

Comment

Ha! There’s $10 in the trash!!!!

Good shooting!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Ha! There’s $10 in the trash!!!!

Good shooting!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            I know. And I know it was "luck" as I wasn't aiming for that arrow but hopefully it will work well. It's about 50lbs at my DL. Should make a good hunting companion if I can get it dialed in.

Comment

Nice bow! Congrats!

Comment

Tall Tines is one of the best made!!
                Congrats!

Comment

Nice bow, congrats.

Comment

That's a beauty.

Comment

That’s a fine looking bow! Congrats

Comment

I think that you will like the bow. I have a couple of them and really cannot tell a lot of difference between them and the Schafer Silvertips. I took my newest out and shot it yesterday morning. It looks like it will be a keeper. I just got it last week and really haven't messed with it much. I have been running about 7 1/2" on brace height on my bows. Both are a 60" short riser set up. It looks like yours is also a short riser so that is a good place to start.

Sorry about the arrow. Stuff happens.

Comment

I saw the other thread about quivers and it reminded me of this one that came with the latest bow. I don't use them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Comment

Thanx fellas. I contacted the maker and am going to get a set of the bezel type limb bolts from him as the knurled knobs are practical but ugly. So far I like shooting it. The 1/8 past center is a bit different than the 3/16ths on my Widow but in a good way. Hopefully at 60" it won't hinder me shooting from my Krivoman or Maverick blinds.

Comment

Working...
                              X