GM strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    This is true but after living expenses and keeping that million dollars liquid in an account after twenty years is another story. Or the way I interpret it anyhow.

I don’t disagree. If you spend all of it keeping up with the Jones’s, it’s not hard to spend it all. I was just trying to show it’s really not that hard to make a million these days.

And that doesn’t factor in retirement/pension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      Cant imagine why the tax payers had to bail them out.
      And ****ed well better not have to again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I don’t disagree. If you spend all of it keeping up with the Jones’s, it’s not hard to spend it all. I was just trying to show it’s really not that hard to make a million these days.

And that doesn’t factor in retirement/pension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Ok gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Saw a clip of a news report this morning where the commentator asked the reporter on scene how much the average GM salary is.
          He replied salary and other compensation combined to make it $ 63.00 and hr.
          Ford was 61, and others like Toyota were in th neighborhood of 53 per hr.
          So these ingrates make more than other in comparison and still striking..Pizz off
          I'm highly skeptical of that figure. That's a compensation package of 131K / year without overtime.

Glassdoor/indeed show very few (in the plants) making even half that figure as a base.
          Last edited by sir shovelhands; 09-18-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            If it weren't for the unions the new 2020 C2500HD Duramax would cost only $35k instead of $70K. Fire all their azzes! There's plenty of people that would jump all over $25 hr to work an assembly line and get 2 weeks paid vac. a year and a 401k.
            But but but, skilled labor isnt cheap and cheap labor isnt skilled.........

Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Saw a clip of a news report this morning where the commentator asked the reporter on scene how much the average GM salary is.
              He replied salary and other compensation combined to make it $ 63.00 and hr.
              Ford was 61, and others like Toyota were in th neighborhood of 53 per hr.
              So these ingrates make more than other in comparison and still striking..Pizz off
              I work for Toyota Manufacturing here in Texas and we do not make $53 a hour!!!

Comment

It's total compensation, add benefits to pay is where the $63 per hour comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                  It's total compensation, add benefits to pay is where the $63 per hour comes from.
                  Correct

Comment

The unions started out as a good thing for workers but like all things that deal with money they slowly got corrupt and now is a scam. In my early 20’s I worked for the union and there was talk of a strike, there motto was “it’s better to sit the bench then work for less the union was going to take care of you”........ I found another job quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      My full employer paid benefits (health, dental, eye, life, 10% 401K match, etc) is equivalent to me receiving an additional $9/hr (for 40 hrs a week).

So that would make the GM workers base salary still $112K. If that's average, then it's one of the highest paying companies in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                        GM can simply cross over to Mexico or Canada and have no Union issues.

Oh man Mike, there were constant 'sindicato' issues that we maquilas dealt with in my 15 years in Reynosa. The entire direct labor force fell under three primary unions...then you had Mexico's basic labor laws on top of that which was another wrench thrown into the work sometimes. There were lots of Mexican employees that made a hobby of getting fired every year because of the package the US company is forced to pay him/her when you let them go. Gotta have a lotta ammo to fight & win these cases so the majority just pay up. Labor is cheaper but payroll is way more complicated.

I really can't imagine it not being union in Canada either?? The auto industry is huge up there & to not be union in Canada which is kinda following Europe's model??

Anyway, I don't think there are any easy answers for GM....

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                          The know Trump wants business done in America. GM can simply cross over to Mexico or Canada and have no Union issues.

Trump risked life and limb selling out so Made in USA [emoji631]would be relevant again. Unionbosses know this. They want something out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why is so much of Trump's stuff made outside of the USA?
                          He could easily have this stuff made in America.
                          Check American Apparel and check Fashion Nova who is doing it in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            If it weren't for the unions the new 2020 C2500HD Duramax would cost only $35k instead of $70K. Fire all their azzes! There's plenty of people that would jump all over $25 hr to work an assembly line and get 2 weeks paid vac. a year and a 401k.
                            So you want someone else to earn less so you can buy a cheaper vehicle?
                            I guess I want all those in the oil patch to make less so I can pay $1.50 a gallon for Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              So you want someone else to earn less so you can buy a cheaper vehicle?

I guess I want all those in the oil patch to make less so I can pay $1.50 a gallon for Premium.

Frankly yes certain jobs are worth X dollars they are making well over that for their job.

I have never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies who already make way more than their trade should. I don’t blame them they have a con going on and are milking it for all it’s worth. But I don’t think they should make way less for what they do. The cost of a vehicle has become laughable. If everyone acted like these babies nobody could afford to live here.

I also think gas is to high 10-15 years ago I was paying .50/gal for diesel now 2.83 that’s a stupid jump.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                                Frankly yes certain jobs are worth X dollars they are making well over that for their job.

I have never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies who already make way more than their trade should. I don’t blame them they have a con going on and are milking it for all it’s worth. But I don’t think they should make way less for what they do. The cost of a vehicle has become laughable. If everyone acted like these babies nobody could afford to live here.

I also think gas is to high 10-15 years ago I was paying .50/gal for diesel now 2.83 that’s a stupid jump.
                                I have been driving diesels since 92. I have never paid .50 cents a gallon for diesel. I believe you are remembering the 80s.

Comment

Working...
                                X