• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
    Like This!
    I caught 2 in that spot with that trap hahaah

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Little early for me, but this gets me pumped up. Guess I need to get mine out and make sure I have everything ready to rock and roll.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably a dumb question but how do the coyotes act when you come up on them in a trap? They look docile in the pics even though I know that is TOTALLY wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
          Probably a dumb question but how do the coyotes act when you come up on them in a trap? They look docile in the pics even though I know that is TOTALLY wrong!
          I've had very few that got a lil rowdy hahah they got silenced quickly hahaha.

Comment

This photo speaks volumes.

The future of trapping is in good hands out West Texas way.

Outstanding Work Sir!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trapping Kids 1A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	24518153

Comment

Fur Update 2017-2018

West Texas Bobcat and Coyote shine with more demand!
              We prefer all our furs green.

R-P Outdoors and Lewing Fur Company will buy fur this year. We are a part of Groenewold Network. We will be posting routes on here later. Lewing Fur Company buys fur west of Dallas and most of Arkansas. R-P Outdoors buys fur east of Dallas, all of Louisiana and southwest Arkansas.

Coyote-A very hot item on the heavy western upper plains coyote, but now they are looking at some of the pale Coyote of West and Central West Texas at a good price. It may even be a small market for North Louisiana and East Texas Coyote, but a cheap price. No unskinned Coyotes please.

Bobcat-Finished up last year on advancing prices and will start off as good as last year. However the further west we go the stronger the cat prices will be. Please note the value of the cat is the white spotted belly. A narrow bellied or smokey bellied cat will not bring much. A cat that is brought in wet or dirty will not bring a good price. We will buy unskinned cats. Bobcat fur primes up after Christmas and most stay good until early March.

Beaver-We always have a green hatter market at about $6.00.

Beaver Castor-Clean, no oil sacks or fat-$18-$20 per pound green. This will need to be semi thawed so we can grade it. Fatty castor will be much lower!

Grey Fox-A little movement this Fall with a very small advance may take place. Western Texas may bring up to $10.00 with easterns up to $7.00.

Red Fox-No good news, may bring about the same as Grey Fox.

Otter-Our last years Otter was sold below our cost! Prices at this time can only be in the teens. We suggest you trap them, store them and hopefully they could advance later in the year.

Mink and Muskrat-Still low prices. Male Mink at $4.00. Louisiana and Texas Muskrat at $2.00.

Opossum- 50 cents.

Skunk- up to $2.00.

Coons-No market. We will stock at about $1.50 average on good stuff. No sales in the past 4 years.

Lewing Fur Company 1-318-332-8710

R-P Outdoors you can call our store number, 1-800-762-2706 or at night for fur prices 1-318-872-2377

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to sell to Ronnie he quit coming this far tho. I'm thinking of sending mine to petska this year

Comment

No action from the coons last night. Don’t know if they’re gonna be moving tonight with the rain coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
                    No action from the coons last night. Don’t know if they’re gonna be moving tonight with the rain coming in.

Could be a good night, already had a possum come sneaking up looking for leftover cat food. Me, the headlight, and the air rifle could have a sporty night.

Comment

Yeah. I’m hoping there is some movement. I set the two buckets within the range of a game camera. Was hoping to get video of a catch.

Comment

It looks like the market has taken a shine to West Texas cats BT.

Comment

I just picked up another coyote pup. I know I have one more adult. He is a lil finicky but he will mess up

Comment

I sure hope so, I am ready to do some fur stretching.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
                              I need to get another beam made. Could you send me a pic of yours you made again lol

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

Here Kitty, Kitty......

Comment

Working...
                                X