asparagus recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
    You got a pic of your asparagus in the garden? I planted some last year and not sure what they should look like.

I can get one, but it just looks like stalks of asparagus sticking out of the ground. They say it takes 2-3 years before they get big enough to start harvesting. I planted 2 year old crowns that I bought off of the internet last spring and most of mine are producing eatable stalks, some are still too small.

Wrapped in bacon and baked some last night. Finished them under the broiler. Easy meal.

I like that salmon and hollandaise sauce idea, might have to try that.

Comment

Batter fried, dip in seasoned ranch. Yum

Comment

Olive oil, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Then bake in the oven

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Batter fried, dip in seasoned ranch. Yum
          Not healthy at all! But I may very well have to try that

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            x 2 ... wrap in bacon, place in oven until bacon done, then top with shaved parm

blanch in crawfish boil seasoned water, and top with homemade hollandaise sauce, served with fresh salmon

Oh. My. Goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              Its not a case of not liking carbs, I'm fat. Already lost 20lbs just by cutting sugar and carbs since mid January.
              You lost it, I found it

Comment

I don't know if you still have an abundance, but I just posted this recipe for a Spanish Tortilla. It uses a little bit of asparagus. Although it does have 3 potatoes, so there's some carbs, but you could try replacing the potatoes with something else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49 Spanish Tortilla 2 420.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	24494114

Good luck!

Comment

Recipes need to be carb and sugar free please. Thanks.
                  Mrs. Dash is your friend. There are many seasonings that are good on asparagus and Mrs. Dash is salt free.

Comment

Wrap bacon around a couple of stalks with a healthy nugget of smoked gouda wrapped inside, secure with toothpick. Bake until gouda is just about melting out. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                      Mrs. Dash is your friend. There are many seasonings that are good on asparagus and Mrs. Dash is salt free.
                      No issues with salt.

Bacon wrapped asparagus has been pretty good. Need to try it with a little gouda.

Comment

I need some. The garden is making enough for a meal every 2 days. I'm a big fan of grilling them, I just can't fire the grill up all the time. I tried sauteing them in butter and garlic the other day because everything is good sauteed in butter, except asparagus apparently. Recipes need to be carb and sugar free please. Thanks.
                        We cook our asparagus several ways. Best way is to wrap three or four together with a big piece of bacon and grill over charcoal or fire. Another yummy method is to put them all in a pan with butter, onions, and minced garlic and cook in the oven until they're soft. Or do the same thing in cast iron skillet on the stove.

On a side note, was it easy to grow the asparagus? Would love to grow some of my own someday.

Comment

Very easy if you start with crowns. Mine came from ebay of all places. They were 2 year old crowns and I planted them last spring. Didn't harvest anything off of them last year but most of them are producing stalks large enough to eat this year.

Comment

How far north do you live, that you can get it to grow and produce. Haven't had luck growing it down here in south Texas.

Comment

Working...
                            X