No announcement yet.

Trad Hog Hunt with TBH'ers April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the first arrow that I just worked up for the trip. Too dark to shoot so I'll have to wait for tomorrow after work to try it out. The bear shaft was shooting great before finish and fletching.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	first arrow.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	24294476

Comment

Those look good! Not long now!

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
        Thanks Chunky.
        What's everybody's thought on late breakfast after Sunday morning hunt then heading home after final camp clean up?
        Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by dhays View Post
          Will y'all be doing your own skinning? I have a skinner I can have come out if you need him. He charges 25.00 per hog to skin and quarter.
          I hate cleaning pigs, I'd pay the $25 per pig.

Comment

I will have the skinner here for anybody that wants to use him.

Comment

It may have been mentioned already and I've missed it...but are we hunting from open stands and need some camo clothes or from blinds and could use black clothes?

Eric

Comment

Glad it's going on now and not this time next week, I'm sick!! Dang head cold! Did get my clothes packed today.

Comment

Originally posted by EnW View Post
                  It may have been mentioned already and I've missed it...but are we hunting from open stands and need some camo clothes or from blinds and could use black clothes?

Eric

Not sure. From what I can tell it will be stalking and blinds. Just hope the weather is good. I can handle cool but don't like rain.

Comment

This time next week I'll be getting an awesome weekend started!

Comment

I'm ready.

Comment

I have 2 ground blinds, 2 single ladders, 2 double ladders, 2 box blinds, and 2 tripods. Probably won't be able to shoot a recurve or longbow out of some of the stands. You are welcome to bring a pop up or climber if you want to.

Comment

Doing a follow along in the DIY section on building my arrows for this hunt.

Comment

Getting close.

Comment

After today, only one more shift Jeff!

Comment

Heck yeah! I'm ready! Looks like Matt's a firefighter also. What shift are you Matt? I'm with Larry about being glad it's not this weekend. I've got some kind of allergy/sinus situation that's got me feeling miserable!
                                Last edited by Featherflinger; 03-29-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X