No announcement yet.

Painted bunting, God's rainbow bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for looking and all the comments folks.

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    Anyone else notice the talons on that thing! Imagine if that little sucker was the size of a eagle, things would be like 6-8inches long!

lol
    Most birds feet are this way. It's why they perch/hang on every way imaginable.

Comment

My favorite bird. We are lucky to have a good population of them every spring / summer.
      I would love to see an indigo bunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        My favorite bird. We are lucky to have a good population of them every spring / summer.
        I would love to see an indigo bunting.
        I need to come visit y'all!

Comment

Wow - Beautiful birds - I am not sure I have seen one before.

Comment

Seen one in brazos country several years ago. Never saw one before and haven’t seen one since. Used to have a picture of it still might on my old flip phone

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              They are Beautiful. We have some around our feeders in San Saba right now.
              Great pics like always!
              Feeders?? Really? What is in your feeders that attracts them? We have some around our property but I never thought about them coming to a feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                Seen one in brazos country several years ago. Never saw one before and haven’t seen one since. Used to have a picture of it still might on my old flip phone
                These pics are from E. Brazos Co.

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                Feeders?? Really? What is in your feeders that attracts them? We have some around our property but I never thought about them coming to a feeder.
                White millet

Comment

Man I saw one of those other day and really wanted to find out the name of it
                  It was gorgeous

Comment

Just see the indigos around here. Watched a pair the other day. Beautiful.

Comment

Right here on the east side of Dallas in town, we don't get many colorful birds besides cardinals and blue jays. Lots of them coming to my feeders. Until I started birdwatching, I find more color on the birds than I had imagined. Using binoculars, I find lots with yellows on them, not visible without. I I can go to someone else's house a mile or so away, and see different species that I have. I see lots of waterfowl when I go to Lavon where my brother keeps his boats. I have got to get recovered and get out to see and photograph more birds. also need to generate more $$$ to get a nice big lens.

I did get to see a Baltimore oriole at white rock lake last summer

And not to leave out, beautiful pics op.
                      Last edited by double bogey; 06-03-2019, 03:50 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        Right here on the east side of Dallas in town, we don't get many colorful birds besides cardinals and blue jays. Lots of them coming to my feeders. Until I started birdwatching, I find more color on the birds than I had imagined. Using binoculars, I find lots with yellows on them, not visible without. I I can go to someone else's house a mile or so away, and see different species that I have. I see lots of waterfowl when I go to Lavon where my brother keeps his boats. I have got to get recovered and get out to see and photograph more birds. also need to generate more $$$ to get a nice big lens.

I did get to see a Baltimore oriole at white rock lake last summer

And not to leave out, beautiful pics op.
                        It's amazing how many different birds are missed because folks aren't paying attention. Especially during the spring and fall migration. Whenever I photograph one I've never put a lens on I saw it's the first, at least while I've been paying attention. Thanks for your comment.

Comment

Working...
                        X