Frustrated with my Kimber 84m Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    Sounds like you found the culprit! I'd ditch the lead sled as well. They can be really hard on optics, especially so on light weights. Not to mention your POI will likely be quite different when you are shooting in actual field positions.

Rifles under 7 pounds generally require a different technique as compared to the semi free recoil method most shooters use with standard or heavy barreled hunting rigs off the bench. Most light weights will respond much better by gripping the forearm and applying a little downward pressure. It doesn't need to be a white knuckle death grip, just some firm consistent pressure. Some of my most accurate rifles are really thin barreled light weights that are a joy to carry. A few can hang with my heavy barreled comp rigs, they are just a lot harder to drive
    What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      Sounds like you found the culprit! I'd ditch the lead sled as well. They can be really hard on optics, especially so on light weights. Not to mention your POI will likely be quite different when you are shooting in actual field positions.

Rifles under 7 pounds generally require a different technique as compared to the semi free recoil method most shooters use with standard or heavy barreled hunting rigs off the bench. Most light weights will respond much better by gripping the forearm and applying a little downward pressure. It doesn't need to be a white knuckle death grip, just some firm consistent pressure. Some of my most accurate rifles are really thin barreled light weights that are a joy to carry. A few can hang with my heavy barreled comp rigs, they are just a lot harder to drive
      white man speak wise words

Comment

I feel your pain..

The TC Prohunters must be made by Kimber because they are very hit or miss on accuracy...
        I Have more of them than I'm willing to admit..
        Last edited by PondPopper; 11-09-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

My dad loves to tinker with loads. The hardest load development that he claims to have found was for a Kimber rifle. He farted around with that rifle for 8 or 9 months, and it still doesn't shoot like you'd expect a $1000 rifle to shoot.
          Weird mine would shoot sub-MOA 5 shot groups out of the box. Then too I had a .264 Win Mag 700 BDL that wouldn't shoot for squat.

OP I bet your problem is fixed with the loose screw. Tighten them all.

Comment

Update.

Finally got some more ammo and free time. Just shot the eld-x Ammo and its shooting right at 1" groups from 100. I'm definitely relieved!

Appreciate all the feedback! Sitting in the stand now and hoping to break her in on something this eve

Comment

Get'm KP

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                Update.

Finally got some more ammo and free time. Just shot the eld-x Ammo and its shooting right at 1" groups from 100. I'm definitely relieved!

Appreciate all the feedback! Sitting in the stand now and hoping to break her in on something this eve
                Best I could get with a friend of mines also with the same ammo.

Comment

Working...
                X