No announcement yet.

Big Oak Trad Weekend, VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our camera man had a family issue arise and couldn't make it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I had a great time hanging out with you guys this weekend! Did not draw blood on my new bow, but that's OK. I'll get her bloody next time out. And I found someone who likes to shoot as much as me, huh, Little John?

Bisch
      I've never seen anything like it. You two are machines!! I bet y'all shot more while we were there for 2 days than I've shot in my trad career.

Comment

I dropped my Aoudad off at the taxi on the way home. I'm going to have the skull camo dipped instead of bleached. I saw some in the shop like that and they look awesome. I also got to see my buck from 2014. I have a nightmare taxidermist story on that buck and almost lost it, but I got it in the hands of a good taxi finally and he said it will be ready at the same time as my Aoudad. So in a couple months I'll have 2 new mounts at home.

Comment

I know I had a very good time. We have had good groups in the past, but I don't know if we have ever had a group that shot better as a whole. Everyone was pretty solid this year. We sometimes have those who just started...which is fine, but mostly top end archers his year.

I didn't check the moon, which was full, as we try to dodge Valentines day and get close to Bisch's birthday, but I don't think the full moon helped the hunting this year.

We did have much better than average weather, as it has always rained on us in the past, so that was nice.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me as always, especially as I was a bit under the weather. It was a pleasure spending time with each and everyone.

I see no reason we won't have the seventh one next year...and no I won't give anyone special treatment or PM's on when it will be posted. I will as always give make a couple of threads saying it's coming and a heads up on the day and time I will be posting. Then it is a free for all. That is the only way to be fair.

Okay, back to more mundane things....later all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
            I know I had a very good time. We have had good groups in the past, but I don't know if we have ever had a group that shot better as a whole. Everyone was pretty solid this year. We sometimes have those who just started...which is fine, but mostly top end archers his year.

I didn't check the moon, which was full, as we try to dodge Valentines day and get close to Bisch's birthday, but I don't think the full moon helped the hunting this year.

We did have much better than average weather, as it has always rained on us in the past, so that was nice.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me as always, especially as I was a bit under the weather. It was a pleasure spending time with each and everyone.

I see no reason we won't have the seventh one next year...and no I won't give anyone special treatment or PM's on when it will be posted. I will as always give make a couple of threads saying it's coming and a heads up on the day and time I will be posting. Then it is a free for all. That is the only way to be fair.

Okay, back to more mundane things....later all.

It was worth the trip to hear your sky diving story. I laughed until my sides hurt, and it makes me laugh now. Priceless!!

Comment

Here are a few pics of some of the animals we saw.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20170210_175118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	24485192

Name:	20170211_073820.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	24485193

Name:	20170211_080349.jpg
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	24485194

Name:	20170210_172828.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	24485195

Name:	20170210_161449.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24485196

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I had a great time hanging out with you guys this weekend! Did not draw blood on my new bow, but that's OK. I'll get her bloody next time out. And I found someone who likes to shoot as much as me, huh, Little John?

Bisch
                yes I believe we broke a big Oak all-time three-day record with about 3,000 arrows

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  I've never seen anything like it. You two are machines!! I bet y'all shot more while we were there for 2 days than I've shot in my trad career.
                  Yes sir if you get down houston way stop by the lost cow ranch and shot a bit

Comment

Working...
                  X