X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bags

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I missed the rest of this.

Season when it is cubed and mixed with hands....then run through grinder to help mix even better.

If we have folks at the sausage making that want meat bags for their ground, we stuff off the same horn and extended auger with the 1HP Cabelas grinder or hand stuffer....moves it real good.

I personally like to place my gound in vacuum sealed bags in 1.5lb amount and then press them flat with my hands before we seal. Super easy to do, thaws quicker than a round chunk and makes for a great stack in the fridge. Besides space savings, sealing this way, makes it real easy if I want just burgers. Just cut off bag and make a t in the middle for 4 perfect square patties already pressed.

[ATTACH]991561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991566[/ATTACH]

Sausage mixings....pre grinding...

[ATTACH]991570[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]991568[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]991567[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]991571[/ATTACH]
    Smart, what are the dimensions on the bags for the hamburger???? Looks perfect.

Comment

I use my stuffer for everything. I’m spoiled by having a 40lb hydraulic stuffer. Nothing wrong with a hand stuffer. I know some guys prefer to stuff with their grinder. I’ve never liked it.
      I really like the big stuffer to fill vacuum bags. I can turn the speed up and fill them fast. The stuffing tube keeps the edge that gets sealed from getting dirty for much more reliable seals.

Comment

Originally posted by South 75 View Post
        Smart, what are the dimensions on the bags for the hamburger???? Looks perfect.

8”W bags cut at 11"L....

With a 16’ roll that equals = 21.8 bags

Comment

We built a water stuffer that holds about 70lbs of meat. Can stuff a lot of sausage fast. Also, we season before we grind. I just made 100lbs this past Saturday.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              We built a water stuffer that holds about 70lbs of meat. Can stuff a lot of sausage fast. Also, we season before we grind. I just made 100lbs this past Saturday.

Man I got to see this set up .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                I'll get some pics dis weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Season when it is cubed and mixed with hands....then run through grinder to help mix even better.

If we have folks at the sausage making that want meat bags for their ground, we stuff off the same horn and extended auger with the 1HP Cabelas grinder or hand stuffer....moves it real good.

I personally like to place my gound in vacuum sealed bags in 1.5lb amount and then press them flat with my hands before we seal. Super easy to do, thaws quicker than a round chunk and makes for a great stack in the fridge. Besides space savings, sealing this way, makes it real easy if I want just burgers. Just cut off bag and make a t in the middle for 4 perfect square patties already pressed.

[ATTACH]991561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991570[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]991568[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]991567[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]991571[/ATTACH]
                  For me, it works out better if I put the burger in the bag, seal the bag, then roll the meat flat with a rolling pin.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                    For me, it works out better if I put the burger in the bag, seal the bag, then roll the meat flat with a rolling pin.

takes about 10 seconds to flatten it out and then sealing 30-40 flat bags works better for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0668 (Medium).JPG
Views:	4
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	24608446

Comment

We’ve made ~900 pounds of sausage each of the past 3 years. We do a mix of links and bulk bags. As others have said, we season the cubbed meat then hand mix then run it through the grinder to mix even better. We typically season and grind in batches of about 300 pounds.

Until this year, we used the grinder for both, grinding and stuffing. Stuffing with the grinder always made the meat turn to mush, which tasted fine but didn’t look right. It’s strange when you can’t see any cheese in your J&C sausage because it’s all mush. It seemed like meat would continue to grind as it was going through the auger and we couldn’t figure out a fix. Also, doing it this way usually would take us 2 full days of work to get it all done.

We finally decided to buy a stuffer this year and went with a 50 pound canister with electric motor. Best purchase we’ve made out there. We used it to stuff all links and bulk bags...the sausage was no longer mushy. We were also completely done with stuffing all meat by ~5:30pm on the first day!

The stuffer was a total game changer and I’m now a firm believer in them. I’ve also used a 5 pound hand crank to go through ~100 pounds and that was no problem at all. The hand crank works well, just not ideal when we’re making 900 pounds.

Comment

We’ve always used a hand stuffed for links and breakfast sausage In cylindrical bags. Thinking about buying a new grinder that will double as a stuffer so tagging myself.

Comment

I use a hand crank stuffer
                          I course grind first, season and mix the meat, then fine grind.
                          I vacuum seal the sausage, bags on the ground meat

Comment

[ATTACH]991561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]991570[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]991568[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]991567[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]991571[/ATTACH]
                            Pretty much to a T how we do it. Stacking and thawing those flat bags became way easier since we started going this route.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              This is our stuffer. Made of 8" pipe. Basically a giant syringe. Water pushes up da plunger with the meat on top. The stainless horn bolts on the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                                This is our stuffer. Made of 8" pipe. Basically a giant syringe. Water pushes up da plunger with the meat on top. The stainless horn bolts on the top.

So plunger is at the bottom when empty. Fill tube, cap and add water via the valve on the bottom?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X