30 cal supressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 cal supressor

I have been researching supressors for weeks as I want to make a good decision since I'll likely have it forever. I'm looking for a 30 cal can. Right noe it will be run on a Tikka CTR 308 and my ruger m77 6.5 creed. Eventually it will get some time on an AR platform in 300 BO or 6.8spc.

Right now I've been looking at the thunderbeast ultra 9, silencerco Saker SAR, or the dead air sandman TI. How do you choose with almost no way to shoot or test models out? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Following

Comment

You will be very disappointed with the weight of the saker asr . Most of the full length cans (9”) will sound very similar . I would suggest going with something that’s less than 20ounces ...

Comment

Thunderbeast are worth the money.

Don’t discount the cyclone from aac in direct thread. Very happy with that one as well.

I’ve been happier with direct thread than QD but YMMV.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I bought a Thunderbeast ultra 7 and love it.

I looked at all the popular models websites and selected based on accuracy since mine are on bolt action rifles then weight and finally decibel reduction. Also read a lot of reviews.

In the end you just have to pick one as you can't test drive. There's many good ones on the market. One thing you can do is hang out at the range and listen to some then ask questions to actual users. One thing to remember, shooting under a covered range makes them seem louder and they'll generally seem louder when being shot from an ar.

When I'm in the market for another it will likely be another ultra 7. I'd really like to hear an ultra 5 from a non magnum bolt gun but have never seen one in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out the silencerco omega

Comment

Got the dead air sandman s. Love it, if I get another it’ll be the sandman L or try the omega

Comment

Look at the omega. Lightweight

Comment

thunderbeast ultra 9

I have one - Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    I bought a Thunderbeast ultra 7 and love it.

I looked at all the popular models websites and selected based on accuracy since mine are on bolt action rifles then weight and finally decibel reduction. Also read a lot of reviews.

In the end you just have to pick one as you can't test drive. There's many good ones on the market. One thing you can do is hang out at the range and listen to some then ask questions to actual users. One thing to remember, shooting under a covered range makes them seem louder and they'll generally seem louder when being shot from an ar.

When I'm in the market for another it will likely be another ultra 7. I'd really like to hear an ultra 5 from a non magnum bolt gun but have never seen one in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                    OP, I was in your exact situation in June of last year, and was looking for a can for my .260, 300BO, and 6.5 Grendel. I went with the Ultra 7 , and the selling point on it was that it is only 9.7 ounces, compared to many that are in the 20+ ounce range. Compared to the Ultra 9, the decibel reduction is only 2-3 decibels less, and I felt that saving the 2" was worth it. I've only put about 60 rounds through it, but I've been very pleased and would buy it again.

Good luck!

Comment

Find a shop that will let you hear what they have

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the AAC SND-6, it’s a little heavy but very tough and great sound. Honestly, I just shopped just what they had in stock, didn’t wanna wait for one more transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Omega

Comment

I run the Omega. Been very pleased with it.

Comment

Originally posted by frazee3200 View Post
                              Got the dead air sandman s. Love it, if I get another it’ll be the sandman L or try the omega
                              I have one of each, an S and an L.

I will be buying more suppressors in the not so distant future and I'll be sticking with Dead Air. Their QD mounting system is rock solid and the suppressors are top notch. If you're looking for a direct threading suppressor, check out the Sandman TI model. I have no direct experience with them but reviews put them up there with the S and L versions.

Comment

Working...
                              X