X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the doctor told me 6 WEEKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgdog374 View Post
      Not everyone will report to DPS. But if you have a accident after the doctor tells you not to drive, the civil side will bankrupt you beyond belief. Not worth losing everything you have worked for all of your life. Besides that how would you feel by having a accident and killing someone and having to live with that.
      This is particularly true when you have posed the question in an open forum with your given name as your screen name. Best of luck/wishes with your health and be very careful for the sake of all--including yourself.

Comment

I've got epilepsy. My dr has always told me the law required 6 months seizure free. Are you seeing a neurologist? Or just a GP? What medicine did they put you on? It should be in therapeutic levels pretty quickly.

Comment

I can't say how the whole procedure works but did have two different friends that had unexplained seizures, doc told them no driving, about 2 weeks later they received a notice of suspension of do from dps, after 6 months or so their license was reinstated, second friend had 2 seizures after reinstatement, his license was suspended for 2 years after that but has had no further seizures and is now back to driving legally.

Comment

This sounds like a great example of government over reach.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
              Yep as a retired Leo I submitted several people to the MAB for either diminished mental faculties or some type of medical issue it is hard to tell someone that but if they hit your family or run you over only other person loses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I'm not retired but I have had to do the same as you several times. It always makes me feel crappy. You are right. It is certainly better to do that considering the possible other outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                I've got epilepsy. My dr has always told me the law required 6 months seizure free. Are you seeing a neurologist? Or just a GP? What medicine did they put you on? It should be in therapeutic levels pretty quickly.
                Until a couple of years ago Texas was a 6 month statement. But a few years ago (no very many) it changed to a 3 month state.

Comment

Working...
                X