Best draw hunt for whitetail bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best draw hunt for whitetail bucks

With so many different options, and a lot I have never heard of, I haven't the slightest clue. WHo has hunted where? Did you have any success? Pics? Which is the best one to have a chance at a trophy whitetail? Rifle preferred

I don't want to give away the good spots.... so I'll stay quiet......

Comment

richland creek wma and matador are the ones im familiar with

Comment

Where you get the kill. That is the best drawn hunt. LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Alrighty Then, I'll spill the beans!!!
          There are no "trophy deer" or any deer on these draw hunts.
          Just a money grab run by the state!!!

Comment

The chap- no secret one of the best for seeing big deer, the bad. You may not get drawn for 20 years
            I hunted there for archery once cool place.

Comment

Some of my favs...Daughtery WMA, Brazos Bend SP, Somerville WMA, Inks Lake SP and Enchanted Rock SP. Its luck of the draw. If you are lucky enough to get drawn do some research on the place before you go.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                I don't want to give away the good spots.... so I'll stay quiet......
                I already know what your vote is and I have applied

Comment

Near Conroe Texas over hunted and over run with hunters.

Comment

E-rock is an awesome one ive heard... nobody mentioning the big one up north of the state...

Haggerman, but no rifle

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by catslayer; 07-18-2017, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                      E-rock is an awesome one ive heard... nobody mentioning the big one up north of the state...

Haggerman, but no rifle

I haven't been real impressed with what I have seen from Hagerman on here. Lots and lots of hunts without seeing deer. Most everyone goes home empty handed. Maybe I haven't been watching the right posts? haha. I have seen some good ones come out of there though. I don't have much time to bowhunt these days. I still do on occasion and may set a new spot up on the family ranch this year.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        I haven't been real impressed with what I have seen from Hagerman on here. Lots and lots of hunts without seeing deer. Most everyone goes home empty handed. Maybe I haven't been watching the right posts? haha. I have seen some good ones come out of there though. I don't have much time to bowhunt these days. I still do on occasion and may set a new spot up on the family ranch this year.
                        Its a public land bow hunt... nation wide success rate is like <5%.... hell rifle elk is like 10% with a rifle

Also bet 90% of haggerman crew doesnt post cause they dont want ppl to put in for the hunt and make it even harder... you dont share fishing spots if you get my drift
                        Last edited by catslayer; 07-18-2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Its a public land bow hunt... nation wide success rate is like <5%.... heck pub land rifle elk is like 10% WITH RIFLE lol

Haggerman is the best set up, best managed mainly, best chance at a TRUE GIANT in state draw.

That elk statistic all depends on where you are LOL. I put in for the chap and JD. I know both of those crank out monsters. Id be so out of my element at Hagerman lol. Im a west Texas and central Texas dude. Never hunted in a tree stand or ladder stand. They would have knocked the tree over hahahaha. Spoot and stalk, box blind, ground blind and occasion tripod....and don't forget the high rack and the truck hunting LOL

And youre not comparing apples to apples on that public land. Hagerman is much more controlled than most other states public land.
                          Last edited by trophy8; 07-18-2017, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            That elk statistic all depends on where you are LOL. I put in for the chap and JD. I know both of those crank out monsters. Id be so out of my element at Hagerman lol. Im a west Texas and central Texas dude. Never hunted in a tree stand or ladder stand. They would have knocked the tree over hahahaha. Spoot and stalk, box blind, ground blind and occasion tripod....and don't forget the high rack and the truck hunting LOL
                            Sub 5% might be a bit severe but
                            Look it up... public land, not private.(not reservation)

There are UNITS with higher aproaching 20%. But as far as constant numbers across the board you see sub 10% for sure on archery and constantly 12-15% on rifle hunts. Like i said public land man, it is what it is...

They way you sound like you like to hunt I would look into the davis mountain hunts... not sure whats all available but worth looking into

Comment

Forget putting in for Matador. There are no deer at Matador. Nothing but hoot owls and polecats. You will end up with an empty cooler and chiggers on your privates!

Comment

Working...
                              X