Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of y’all have dogs that are talkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, mine like to talk, not bark,almost like a wine.

Comment

Not only does this Ridgeback listen intently, trying to understand a conversation, she does her best to carry on a conversation as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rah.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	24539086

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
        Not only does this Ridgeback listen intently, trying to understand a conversation, she does her best to carry on a conversation as well.

[ATTACH]907339[/ATTACH]
        That's a beautiful dog

Comment

I have a Cockapoo and a Terrier mix. They are both talkers. My Cockapoo was raised with a wolf breed and is very smart. He will howl on command. Throws his head back and moves it side to side, and howls from his very soul. The girl dog... she is extremely jealous and thinks she's my boss. Chews me out when I pet the boy dog, holding my grand daughter, talking on the phone, when she's hungry, and lord does she let me have it when she thinks it's bed time.

Love em like kids.

Comment

Ralph the Talking Beagle

This thread reminded me of an old joke I have posted before.

I was driving around the back woods of Arkansas, and saw a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: “Talking Beagle For Sale." I quickly turned around and went up and knocked on the door. An old man appeared and told me to "Go around back. Ralph is in the backyard".

I walked around the house, and saw a nice-looking beagle hound sitting there. Feeling rather foolish I said “You talk?”.

“Yep,” Ralph replied.

After I recovered from the shock of hearing a dog talk, I said “So, what’s your story?” Ralph looked up and said, “Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was just a young pup. I wanted to help the government, so I contacted the CIA and FBI".

"In no time at all they had me traveling from country to country, sitting in on meetings with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.”

“I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running."

"The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger, so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible drug dealings and terrorist plots. They awarded me a batch of medals."

"I've sired lots of show and field champion pups, won the AKC Nationals, ran a lot of rabbits and now I’m just retired.”

I was amazed. I returned to the owner, and asked how much he wanted for old Ralph.

“Ten dollars,” the old man replied.

“Ten dollars? That dog is amazing! Ralph told me all about his adventures traveling the world. Why are you selling him so cheap?"

He replied, “Because that lying s-o-b ain't never been out of the back yard."

Comment

My lab Pickles, talks to me all the time. And lets the whole neighborhood know when I get home.

Comment

Yep my female lab talks (kinda like Chewbacca)

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  That's a beautiful dog
                  Thank you, we of course are a bit partial lol. I haven't been able to work her a lot, but within the last few weeks, she is 2 for 2 on tracking down hogs, and we are hoping for a litter of pups this fall, if things go as planned.

Comment

Here is my lab puppy Pearl. She loves to talk. From barking to whispering, to whining to crying to almost a whistle. Anyway here is a video I took of her after we arrived at the camp late one evening. She was 7 months old at the time and I put her hunting vest on while I watched tv. After ten minutes of this I took a short video.

This is "Untitled" by dominick bruno on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

My Anatolian talks like crazy when I pull up to the gate. I’ll try to capture it on video.

Comment

A family member has a small breed dog that talks when he gets desperate or worked up about something. He will try sweet talking you to get his way. Once when I was talking to a friend on the phone, she heard him talking loud and thought it was hilarious. When she told her friends about it, they said I was fooling her and was the one doing it. Well, we had the dog over at her house later on and she heard and saw him talk with her own eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                          This thread reminded me of an old joke I have posted before.

I was driving around the back woods of Arkansas, and saw a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: “Talking Beagle For Sale." I quickly turned around and went up and knocked on the door. An old man appeared and told me to "Go around back. Ralph is in the backyard".

I walked around the house, and saw a nice-looking beagle hound sitting there. Feeling rather foolish I said “You talk?”.

“Yep,” Ralph replied.

After I recovered from the shock of hearing a dog talk, I said “So, what’s your story?” Ralph looked up and said, “Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was just a young pup. I wanted to help the government, so I contacted the CIA and FBI".

"In no time at all they had me traveling from country to country, sitting in on meetings with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.”

“I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running."

"The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger, so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible drug dealings and terrorist plots. They awarded me a batch of medals."

"I've sired lots of show and field champion pups, won the AKC Nationals, ran a lot of rabbits and now I’m just retired.”

I was amazed. I returned to the owner, and asked how much he wanted for old Ralph.

“Ten dollars,” the old man replied.

“Ten dollars? That dog is amazing! Ralph told me all about his adventures traveling the world. Why are you selling him so cheap?"

He replied, “Because that lying s-o-b ain't never been out of the back yard."
                          This made me chuckle. Thanks for posting this. I missed it before

Comment

Dogs are awesome and are mans best friend for a reason.
                            Try this...Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car. Ride a round a while. Open it. Guess who will be happy to see you?

Chew has a Catahoula that talks a lot. Surprised he has not posted to this.

Comment

My draht has gotten where he thinks everything needs his input -.-

Comment

Working...
                              X