No announcement yet.

Funeral question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice is do whatever doesn't make her haunt you.

I know we will be burned and spread. having had a grandfather that was done this way has left a small void in that there is no one focal point to feel connected to him. as in a headstone. so i'll have some type of name plate and a tree planted at the house.

Comment

All of y'all who are gonna be cremated then tossed out somewhere, how will people come and visit you, or leave flowers at a gravestone, etc.? There will be nothing to physically remember you like a headstone. I'm not sure when I'm gone I want to be forgotten too. My grandkids or great grandkids can still come see where I was laid to rest in a cemetery. Any thoughts?

Comment

Cremate me and divide my ashes up into a couple dozen arrows and give them to my friends to shoot critters with.

Comment

Being embalmed and stuck in a box in the ground seems unnatural. I'd like to return back to the earth and let nature take me in like it does with all living things, but that's not usually how it goes with your normal Christian burial. I say run me through a wood chipper over a nice pretty oat patch just before it's planted, and let me fertilize it good so the deer can enjoy me ..........to far.

Comment

I'll be buried as has/will everyone else in my family.

Best thing you can do is make your arrangements ahead of time so that your wishes are insured to be carried out. Doing so will also save money down the road and keep your family from having to go through the process of making the arrangements.

Comment

Probably cremated but I'd want to be somewhere that anyone that wants to feel like I'm somewhat there can go to "see" me I guess. One of my buddies that died of cancer was cremated. I saw him 3 weeks before he died. He was in the hospital up until he died and didn't want nobody seeing him that way. So basically it was like I never got to tell him goodbye,never saw him again. So in a weird way it felt like he wasn't really gone. I drove by his house one day and saw his truck there so I pulled in the driveway. I was gonna go talk to him.....

Death isn't an easy thing to deal with. I think with a burial it's more closure to the family and friends of that person in some cases. I don't know what the right answer is or the easiest route as far as the healing process goes but being cremated is cheaper. I don't guess I'll care much at that point. Whatever's easiest is fine by me. Nobody I know is that wealthy so they'll probably have me cremated if I can't make that choice ahead of time.

Comment

Had my grandmother's funeral and burial yesterday so have been thinking about this. I want to be cremated and then somebody throw a 'Celebration of Life' afterwards. All the hunter-friends and family bring their best cuts of wild game or meat and grill; tell stories and lies. In the days/weeks following, I'd like my family to dump my ashes on the ranch, and perhaps in the river.

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                My wish is to be cremated and my ashes dumped into a feeder and spun out with the corn.
                I have thought about this as well. Ultimately eaten by deer and spread out all over the land, from dust to dust. 'Yeah shot that 9pt off Will's feeder, been eatin' on his ashes on bulking up all summer. Little gritty but plenty tender.'

Comment

Please Don't Bury Me Down in that Cold, Cold Ground

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEhqzOeJnto"]John Prine - Please Don't Bury Me (ORIGINAL ALBUM VERSION) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    All of y'all who are gonna be cremated then tossed out somewhere, how will people come and visit you, or leave flowers at a gravestone, etc.? There will be nothing to physically remember you like a headstone. I'm not sure when I'm gone I want to be forgotten too. My grandkids or great grandkids can still come see where I was laid to rest in a cemetery. Any thoughts?
                    I don't need a "physical" piece of carved stone to remember my loved ones or for my family to remember me. When I miss my deceased relatives, I talk to them through prayer because I know they're always listening and watching over me.

I am an organ donor and plan to be cremated. I don't want to burden my wife or kids with $15-20,000 worth of stupid expenses. My funeral will be a celebration of life with a crawfish boil , BBQ, and tons of food for all to enjoy. Additionally, I'll have a video playing a concert of the Grateful Dead or Dead & Company since that's what makes me most happy, and that's how I want to be remembered.

Others can have Amazing Grace, Morning has Broken, etc...

I'm going out with the speakers blaring: Scarlet Begonias, Fire On the Mountain, Eyes of the World, Terrapin Station, Shakedown Street, Brown Eyed Women, Help> Slipknot>Franklins, Music Never Stopped, Morning Dew, Viola, Dark Star, so Many Roads, etc.......

BTW, y'all are all invited to attend

Comment

I have already talked to my wife and told her I wanted to be cremated if anything happened. Put ash in bullets and let my kids take me hunting one last time. My dad and grandfather has already told me they want to be cremated also. And have there ashes spread in lake they live by.

Comment

I want to be buried in Veteran's Cemetery. Can't fathom cremation

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          My dad was cremated and his ashes was spread by each of us as we wanted in the lake he lived at. We each took our own time and spread them as we wanted. If I want to visit him I do it in my mind same as my grandparents as I don't go to their grave sights.
                          I myself want to be cremated and my ashes spread either in Colorado or Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            My wish is to be cremated and my ashes dumped into a feeder and spun out with the corn.
                            Me and the two guys known a ranch with have agreed to so this!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Cremated, spread my ashes in the field to be planted!

Comment

I want to be cremated and my ashes injected in some watermelon flukes and brush hogs. Give them to my buddies and let them still catch fish with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X