No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my first day at work was nothing but in doc and training classes on stuff I've done before. An 8 hour day on a computer bites. I finally get to turn wrenches today so I'll just be having fun doing what I love to do.

Comment

Have fun, no matter what ya do Jess.

Comment

I've got a smile on my face each and every day Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
          I've got a smile on my face each and every day Mike!

Comment

Ok guys I am in full swing now. Check out the link below to keep updated on the new and upcoming events at ODT.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

LW, the sight looks great!
              And I like those Finesse and Ball weights too. Would be great for catfish rigs in the river or lake.

Comment

PK is letting the water rip!
                And Grandbury is letting a good bit out too. Town of Glenrose is already up 4 more feet above what it's been at 5 for a total of +9'.

Whitney should be coming up over the next few days if they keep this up! The river is about to rise. And maybe the lake too.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-23-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

LW those look great!! Still think a pro staff member would be awesome!!

Comment

Grandbury has bumped it's water release up to over 7000cfs

The Glenrose guage is up to 12.6'. That is 3 more feet from yesterday. It has been running around 5' before the last rains.

The water level has not started back-washing into the Nolan yet from the gauge readings.

PK has dropped it's release to slightly to over 8900cfs.

Grandbury will have to release everything that PK releases due to it's lack of a flood plain. I expect Grandbury to open it's gates even more to handle what PK has/is releasing. This will mean higher water levels on the Brazos and Lake Whitney.

Comment

Wonder what that's gonna do to the fishing on the upper end of the lake and the river. Whitney Lake has come up 3" since yesterday.

Comment

In the past years, the fish just go further north.

Comment

Coop, check your PM's.

Comment

Looks like the W lake has come up 7" in the last 24 hours. But still 1.81' below normal.

PK has greatly reduced it's outflow to less than 300cfs. Grandbury is currently releasing 8,575 cfs. So the big W lake will still becoming up over the next few days.

A lake is 1.22 ft above normal. And has a light release.

I wonder what the expected rain will bring next week. More water probably .

Comment

I just hope they open the parks this year.

Comment

This is where I'm at this morning. http://www.fox4news.com/news/237952513-story

Comment

Working...
                                X