No announcement yet.

Best Fire Ant Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My aunt used poison from such ants, and frankly she did not really help. The ants kept coming and going.

Comment

You can check on the https://stoppestinfo.com/143-7-best-...ecticides.html some kind of gels and traps as well. I don't know if they help to get rid of ants but this information will be useful in any case.
      BTW - who are from Houston here? I want to ask something

Comment

Good ol Ortho orthene some aint killin junk, and its in the front of home depot

Comment

Copenhagen. You sprinkle it around the mound. The worker ants will take it down to the queen. When she comes up to spit, you STOMP on her!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
            Orthos, the stuff smells like a bad fart but kills mine..
            I've been using this stuff for years and it works great.

Comment

I killed a large mound recently with some leftover 'Demon'. Took a shovel and turned it over a few inches under the mound... was full of larvae. Hosed it down , later that day... all dead.

Comment

ortho orthene you will like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                  Copenhagen. You sprinkle it around the mound. The worker ants will take it down to the queen. When she comes up to spit, you STOMP on her!
                  Lol!
                  Orthene works in the short term.Over n Out will work for 10 mos.I know that for a fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Orthene in my yards for fire ants, and Amdro and Orthene for leaf cutters. Got to be persistent--there is one mound in my yard at the far corner of the lot that I've treated and re-treated and re-treated. But, no kids at home and the dog is fenced in the back yard.

Comment

Acephate! I'm stockpiling the stuff so when they ban it, I'll still have some. It works that good.

Comment

Bifen IT, works great on all insects in your yard. I use the hose sprayer and spray everywhere I can reach including the house, doors/windows, and a little extra on the ant beds.

Comment

You could always try the molten aluminum! This way seems a lot more fun!

Ant Hill Art
                          An incredible metal structure is made by pouring molten aluminum into a fire ant colony. The resulting cast is huge, weighing 17.9 lbs. and reaching a depth ...

Comment

There are many chemicals available that can get you rid of it. You can check them online.

Comment

Who try to use Eugenol? I find some information about him
                              Eugenol is the main component of some essential oils and is widely used in the manufacturing of natural insecticides.

Eugenol acts on the insects quickly and is not considered dangerous to the environment. It is often used in combination with oils of thyme, sesame, rosemary and others. Pure 75% eugenol can be found in the Ceylon Cinnamon Leaf Oil.
                              Does this oil worth?

Comment

didnt read all the posts...
                                but BAYER ...blue bottle..white powder.. kills entire mound within minutes.
                                Get it at walmart, home depot, etc

NO SMELL

Comment

Working...
                                X