No announcement yet.

Motorcycle guys question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an Icon Basehawk jacket I always wear year round. It has plenty of opening to let air flow BUT it does get super hot if you are not moving. For heat gear you should look at textile jackets. They well give lots of air with decent protection. For helmets just look for something with loads of vents to flow air. And for gloves just something that breaths with leather palms. I prefer to also have knuckle plates on them too like the Icon Overlord gloves. Dang I sound like an Ocon fanboy hahaha. Just like the style they got. �� As for pants just anything that breaths. NOT leather. Hehe. Most important thing is to stay hydrated so a water pack on the back would be advisable to constantly drink from. Hope this helps. Just my opinion. ��

Comment

Armored mesh jacket if going on major hwy, but usually just leather vest for light rides and bluejeans.

Comment

Flip flops and shorts no shirt!

I’m kidding! Although that is what I was wearing in 91’. Woke up 3 days later in a Camp Lejeune Hospital..

Comment

Can't help ya...…..
          But, I will offer this piece of info...….
          There are two kinds of bikers.....
          Those, that have had wrecks....
          And those, who are gonna have wrecks....
          Ride accordingly......

Comment

When I was riding in DFW I wore a Klim Jacket, fairly breathable without the liner in https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...yABEgKf3vD_BwE
            with RevIt pants ( I think these) https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...wave-2-pantsor or Resurgence jeans https://resurgencegear.com/shop-men/r-1-jeans.html and Sidi Adventure boots https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...SABEgLeoPD_BwE or when I was lazy my cowboy boots.

Comment

This >>
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out Cycle Gear, they will have a lot to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  Can't help ya...…..
                  But, I will offer this piece of info...….
                  There are two kinds of bikers.....
                  Those, that have had wrecks....
                  And those, who are gonna have wrecks....
                  Ride accordingly......
                  This not always true. I know many bikers that rode for years without incident and quit never having a wreck. I also know many that have.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                    This >>
                    I know this yahoo!! lol, good people!!!

Comment

I ride AGAT - all gear all the time. If you want to stay cool, an armored mesh jacket is great. I have a Fieldsheer mesh jacket that I really like.

However, to keep cool on long rides the BEST thing I’ve found are these cooling base layers I found at Cycle Gear. I have a shirt and a cap. They are made of some sort of technical fabric that feels like you’re covered in cool water or something when the wind is blowing on you. It is crazy. When I wear the shirt under my mesh jacket it feels great because the wind blows right through the jacket while I’m riding. I don’t know how it works, but it does. The cap is ok if you have good helmet ventilation, but the shirt is awesome. They fit like an Under Armour shirt, so not exactly flattering on my 250 lb figure, but neither is a shirt dripping in sweat! Lol

I don’t recall the brand, but you can find it at the CycleGear store or online. They call it a base layer.

Comment

Working...
                      X