SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmack View Post
    You people can't have a party without me. Well a get together I guess. If I am not there it can't be a party.
    Are you SERIOUS? That's the reason we would be having a party!!!!!

As for David's place, I'd be game, I like doing all of the above mentioned activities. ( some more than others)

Man work is slow. I'm stuck in a car hauler trailer wiring it for LED lights inside and out. Which means I have to take the top panel piece out and run a wire behind the walls and make sure there is wire at all 10 locations. This run is about 80' long. Yeah.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

In the doghouse now and not even too much my fault. Agreed to take the wife to the hoa plant swap. I had just left Bowzone and still had a bow in the truck. Loaded plants and away we went. After a few minutes there a lady asked about the bow, it was in the back seat of the truck, mind you. Told her I enjoy shooting. She told me shooting was great as long as I did not hurt any animals. Just smiled and informed her I was lifelong member of peta, she was so happy and wanted to talk about that. Well everything went well til I informed her peta is People Eating Tasty Animals. She was not happy. She started raising her voice and I smiled politely. Her husband calmed after a few minutes and Tran informed me I should be more tactful.

Comment

Now that was funny stuff right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you handled it perfrctly. One more ****** off liberal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
            In the doghouse now and not even too much my fault. Agreed to take the wife to the hoa plant swap. I had just left Bowzone and still had a bow in the truck. Loaded plants and away we went. After a few minutes there a lady asked about the bow, it was in the back seat of the truck, mind you. Told her I enjoy shooting. She told me shooting was great as long as I did not hurt any animals. Just smiled and informed her I was lifelong member of peta, she was so happy and wanted to talk about that. Well everything went well til I informed her peta is People Eating Tasty Animals. She was not happy. She started raising her voice and I smiled politely. Her husband calmed after a few minutes and Tran informed me I should be more tactful.
            That's awesome!

Comment

I thought I was rather tactful actually, I did not insult her intelligence {assuming she has any}, did not offer to hunt the squirrels she was complaining about. But the WIFE says she is a neighbor and I should upset them that much. She did not have a stroke so didn't think she was THAT upset.

Comment

Ahhhhh...they need to learn to be respectful of what others think too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                  I thought I was rather tactful actually, I did not insult her intelligence {assuming she has any}, did not offer to hunt the squirrels she was complaining about. But the WIFE says she is a neighbor and I should upset them that much. She did not have a stroke so didn't think she was THAT upset.
                  Kindly suggest to your wife that she imposed her belief system on you, which she wouldn't have done if she followed your wifes mentality towards neighbors. And how you tried your best to maintain the most professional composure possible while dealing with the mentally ill

Comment

That's funny David!

Comment

You handled it better than I would of wonderin

Comment

I tell them I'm a hunter. I hunt for meat to provide for my family. I don't care what they think of me.
                        If they start giving me crap, I just give them the 2 deer on one acre becomes 4 deer the next and barely can support them. The following year there are 8 and they are out of food. So it's a management thing. Then I ask them what they do to help manage the herd. That usually shuts them up.

Comment

I ask them if they buy meat at the grocery store the woods is my grocery store

Comment

Doing some bareshaft tuning with the 35 lb sammick sage. Got to a point that the fletched arrows were grouping so tight that i got my first ever true robinhood. Of course at 35 lbs it just bounced back out of the other arrow.

What got me is that the groups got crazy tight but the bareshafts said they were still stiff and nock high. I've backed this nock point down to just under .25 inch whoch is way low for a recurve, and jacked point weight way up, and just now starting to get a clise to decent tune. Kind of just practice for the dozen shafts coming Wednesday for the longbow. These arrows im shooting tonight are going to become flu flus. Feeling hellbent on hunting with the trad stuff this year, so starting to put in some hard work on it.

Comment

Awesome shooting Andy!

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X