best drop away rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    You QAD guys. Have y'all all tried a Pro V?

No but I'm going to try it after reading this thread.

Comment

Hm. I've had a QAD and just had a new RipCord. That said. Right back to my Limb Driver Pro V. If ur set on a Rip Cord. I have one in perfect condition I will sell u at a helluva discount.

I see not everyone has messed with a Pro V. So here is why I shoot over the others mentioned.

No timing

Stupid Easy Set Up

About 300 degrees of full capture.

Supports the arrow longer during the shot

Can actually be set up to shoot w/o the cord, helps to know that if you get in a bind.

Also for some odd reason you damaged the cord on a back mountain hunt and you didn't set it up to be shot without a cord, you can use a boot lace and there will be no tuning to consider. You can't do that with a QAD or A Rip Cord.
      And I have a Biscuit set up ready to go as a back up should the QAD ever fail. Haven't had that issue yet and I hunt across the country as well. I have no experience with the Pro V. If they weren't so expensive to buy I would probably experiment more. Who knows? You heed the advice of knowledgeable people though. I will keep that one in mind.
      Last edited by DRT; 07-14-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking... the heck with the drop away rest and the "proper" setting up that has to be done as well as the tuning to be sure there is not any fletching contact.

How much FPS is lost by using a whisker biscuit? Sure is a simple design. No cords to break on the other side of a mountain...

I currently have a Trophy taker, but am considering putting on a WB like my son has on his set up.

Comment

Trophy ridge smack down. I will be switching to it from my rip cord. Wife got one and I like the containment better. Other than that they both work great.

Comment

QAD all the way. Had several on several different bows. Great rest.

Comment

I will say it again, and I have been shooting and bowhunting for over 40 years and never need "containment" on a rest. To me that is unnecessary interference on a rest. Just my opinion.

Comment

QAD all twe way.

Comment

Rip cord limdriver both great have them both

Comment

Y'all don't fall over but look what I got. Well I still gotta go pic it up.

Comment

Y'all don't fall over but look what I got. Well I still gotta go pic it up.

What happend to the pro v?

Comment

If it did not have all that stuff above the rest itself, it might be OK. Too much for me.

Comment

Has anybody tried the axt titanium rest?

Comment

Originally posted by MOY View Post
                            What happend to the pro v?
                            Still have it.

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            If it did not have all that stuff above the rest itself, it might be OK. Too much for me.

That's the beauty Doug. You can get it without it.

Comment

That figures. I am just now getting my LD Pro dialed in!

Comment

best drop away rest

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                That figures. I am just now getting my LD Pro dialed in!

Lmao. I had a SM Pro before. You know me tho, if it ain't broke, hell I'm gonna shoot somethin else any **** way!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X