tx house bill 2029.. the bbq bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tx house bill 2029.. the bbq bill

your input on this bbq bill?......http://www.kens5.com/news/politics/b...ency/442434825

I've never walked out of a bbq place hungry!

Comment

I think we have much bigger things for the legislature to handle.

Having said that, there will be joints that start selling 8/10 of a pound advertised as a pound, because it boosts profits by 20%

Comment

Instead of making it easier for the craptastic chains to operate... lets legalize marijuana. Everyone wins. Then, we wont care about the scale, just glad to get that tasty brisket and banana pie. Seriously though, Im all for having a joint on the weekend and adding billions to our states economy while simultaneously placing less resources on prisoners and freeing up LEO for more important crimes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
          Instead of making it easier for the craptastic chains to operate... lets legalize marijuana. Everyone wins. Then, we wont care about the scale, just glad to get that tasty brisket and banana pie. Seriously though, Im all for having a joint on the weekend and adding billions to our states economy while simultaneously placing less resources on prisoners and freeing up LEO for more important crimes.

Maybe once Abbottt rolls out of office, till then people will continue to suffer under laws of dated beliefs. Who cares about cancer patients and vets with PTSD? (SARCASM)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Having said that, there will be joints that start selling 8/10 of a pound advertised as a pound, because it boosts profits by 20%
            so a bisiness taking 20% of the money directly out of youre pocket isnt a big enough deal to you wowwowowowow

Comment

Simple for me, if I pay for a pound then I expect to receive a pound, don't care what the scale owner has to do to keep it honest. If he can keep his scale right without having to have the state verify it then I'm OK with it. Not sure what a pound of BBQ has to do with marijuana though???

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                Maybe once Abbottt rolls out of office, till then people will continue to suffer under laws of dated beliefs. Who cares about cancer patients and vets with PTSD? (SARCASM)
                Lol... well we know the democrats and liberals dont care! Also, migraine sufferers and chronic nerve pain. And what about the snack deprived? They eat meals everyday but what of the lost cheezits and doritos? What say you mary jane haters? We need HB 234-3 "the Texanscare about snacks and sodas" act.

Comment

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                  so a bisiness taking 20% of the money directly out of youre pocket isnt a big enough deal to you wowwowowowow
                  In the grand scheme of things no, the state takes a much larger % of my income in the form of fees and taxes and it's riddled with wasteful spending.

I can opt to move down the road to the next BBQ joint if I think one is being shady, but I can't opt to pay my taxes

Comment

At least we arent Massachusettes....

Comment

This seems like a colossal waste of time, but then they are not spending as much time doing other stupid stuff.

To exempt one particular food type is going to lead to problems.

Actually, I like it! Lets just get rid of the health department and weights and measures altogether.

Comment

Actually, I like it! Lets just get rid of the health department and weights and measures altogether.
                        You betcha! Then that gallon of gas that you're supposed to get at the pump will only be a half gallon of gas.

Comment

I kinda like the Department of weights and measures. Lets keep them gas stations honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Amen. Wasting time on how to weigh BQ is flippin' absurd. These politicians have forgotten who hired them and apparently they need to figure out that we can also fire them.

If all they've got to do is this kind of BS, take the day off and go home. Matter of fact, don't bother coming back and we'll just try again next session with a fresh slate of 'employees'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                              It's gonna cost the customer either way. The occasional skimming or adding the cost of the measurement fees and scales into the cost of your brisket platter.

Comment

Working...
                              X