No announcement yet.

2020 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52, in a roadside DP, cat food and fish oil.

Comment

Got one Sunday morning with Dukes and corn.
      Forgot my phone so no pic.

Comment

54 got one with the Grendel Friday night.

Comment

56 with a young walker gyp

Comment

Caught another yesterday. Dukes with corn, then he played in the mud until we found him.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Caught another yesterday. Dukes with corn, then he played in the mud until we found him.

Hahahahaha......Muskles in the lead for the ugliest coon of the year so far..

Comment

......2 more caught on corn. 13 traps, 7 different feedpens, 2 coons. Either the fog kept them at bay, we have put a mega dent in them finally or we suck..

Hitting them hard again 2/29....this time for 2-3 nights.

Comment

63. 4 more, a little night hunting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can someone help me with the setup and where you are buying? Looks like there is some extra chain and such added.

Comment

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
                      Can someone help me with the setup and where you are buying? Looks like there is some extra chain and such added.

Pics at the top tell most of the story. How many do you need?

Dukes DogProof traps. Ebay and Amazon are the best prices Ive found lately.

We add 1' of chain and an EZlink (or two) to connect them to feeder legs, feedpen tposts, etc. We have found if we add more than a foot they can move around too freely and sometimes get up in your feeder or solar panel. 1' is perfect. We've had them cut bailing wire and even untie it so we went with the chain. Plus its a PITA to do and undo every time.

EZlink

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Cuff quicklink.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	24608793

Setup

Name:	00Cuff.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	24608794

Name:	00Cuff1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	24608795

You can see one still set on the back pole here.

Name:	032bf53f83274439525c2c9340bb2ace.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	24608796

Comment

Stick with the Dukes. I made the mistake of buying Flemmings dog proof self-setting traps. Most of them worked before they got a little seasoned, then none of them did. When I called them about some of the new ones being impossible to set, they told me to take a file to them. I'm sorry, but, when I buy a self-setting trap, I expect to be able to set it without the use of a file.

Comment

Looks like a coyote got to the trap before I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally I don't care for Dukes traps. I am usually targeting coons, opossums, skunks etc... so I use Z Traps which are triggered by pushing or pulling the trigger. Dukes only go off if a coon reaches in and pulls up or back on the trigger mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                              Personally I don't care for Dukes traps. I am usually targeting coons, opossums, skunks etc... so I use Z Traps which are triggered by pushing or pulling the trigger. Dukes only go off if a coon reaches in and pulls up or back on the trigger mechanism.

I love em... and they are dang sure effective even with the one way trigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X