Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
    Meanwhile Kingsbury is off to California as the new OC of USC.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Former Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury may be headed west. According to Chris Trevino of 247Sports' USCFootball.com, Kingsbury "agreed in principle" to the offensive coordinator job under head coach Clay Helton...

Comment

Don't know much about Wells but I do know a little about McIvor and I sure was wanting him at Tech. He tore his knee up early this year but is a great athlete and comes from a pretty good pedigree. He won lots of games for a San Angelo Central team that did not have a lot of talent.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Its official

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Matt is suppose to take his DC and OC (who was under leach at WS), looks like an interesting group.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Matt is suppose to take his DC and OC (who was under leach at WS), looks like an interesting group.

He hired Todd Orlando out of FIU to be his DC in 2013.

Comment

They hired who?! Oh well said the same thing when Baylor hired Rhule and that seems to be working out so far...

Comment

Showing Keith Patterson as the DC?

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                He hired Todd Orlando out of FIU to be his DC in 2013.

Comment

Never heard of him, but I hope he is the right guy for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    Showing Keith Patterson as the DC?

Yes. Just pointing out he has a track record of hiring good coordinators. I haven’t looked into his current DC but Yost is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That was their guy all along it seems. I hope for the best. Guns up!

Comment

Possible transfers of players, his recruiting success or lack of success and season ticket sales will show what a bunch of players and people in Lubbock think about this hire. Lot's of fair weather fans the last couple of years in Lubbock and those are the ones that complain the most.
                        Looks like he has had a high scoring offense, but also plays a pretty good defense according to stats.
                        Time will tell as it is with every coaching change.

Comment

Give me some scoop on this dude, Heath. Not much out there.
                          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I was pulling for Dana but Wells might not be too bad. Read a lot on him and the guy is highly respected throughout the county by his peers and players. He, and especially his brother Luke (former OU player and Coach) have a strong history of recruiting TX hard and are very well received by Texas High School coaches. He completely turned around a Utah State team that had 1 winning season prior in the schools history with minimal resources and players. So the dude grinds.

I do like the OC he is bringing in, Yost. He is a proven spread offense guy and worked under Leach for a while at WSU as WR coach, so he's familiar with the Air Raid O. Prior to WSU and USU, he was the OC for Mizzou when they were in the Big 12 with Chase Daniels. That O was very effective and ran lots of double TE fronts.

The DC, Patterson, not as optimistic on him per his track record at other Power 5 Conference jobs but who knows. He is an Ex TX high school football coach so that is a plus with recruiting.

Overall, I was not thrilled on the hire at first but I don't think it's near as bad as people are reacting. National Writers, Coaches and Peers all think it's a home run hire so time will tell. He was able to do A LOT with almost nothing at USU so I'm hoping he can do the same with a lot more at Tech.

I think most of the backlash from the fan base is bc Kirby came out and hyped up a big hire and used the word "Elite" 20 different times in his press conference when the search was underway so people, including myself, were expecting a big money hire. Then when reports broke that Kirby would not even interview Dana, who wanted the job, fans and donors lost it. Not too sure if this was the big upgrade people expected, especially over Kliff from an offensive perspective. Almost seems like a horizontal move.

I am hoping for the best and obviously hope the guy can hit the ground running and win but time will tell. Thus far, Football has been about the only thing Kirby has not been able to master.

TX High School Coach's Reactions
                            Last edited by Fmjag64; 11-30-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              Our next QB in line Maverick McIvor was recruited by USC
                              Maverick is legit if he comes back the same after his injury

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                                Maverick is legit if he comes back the same after his injury
                                He actually decommitted this morning but sounds like he is still open to Tech. With early signing being 2 weeks away, i get why he would open back up the recruitment bc no one wants to be left without an offer with new coaches coming in. It happens a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X