No announcement yet.

Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local news (KCBD)is reporting Hocutt is negotiating with Utah State coach Matt Wells. This hire seems like a failure in the making. He does not have a winning record against teams with winning records. He coaches in a sub-par conference. I wasn’t looking for a “splash” hire but one that would instill confidence, this does not do it. I boldy predict we will be on the search again in 4 years. With the hire of Les Miles at KU, I could see TTU at the flat bottom of the big 12. Hope I eat these words but don’t think I will.

Lots of blind faith in Hocutt among TTU fan base. But let’s review the facts of his hires. Chris Beard- Win. Tadlock- Win. Billy Gillespie- loss. Kingsbury- loss. Tubby Smith- tie. Candace Whitaker- abject failure. Marlene Stollings- too early to tell.

Looks like Hocutt’s hiring record is 2-3 & 1. That’s about the same win % as the football coach he just fired. Maybe “elite” does not dwell in the corner office to begin with

Comment

If Wells doesn't pan out it's time to get Kirby out...guy is the 5th highest paid AD in the country. Wells won't last three full seasons...

Comment

Nobody knew who Mike Leach was back in 2000 either.

I’ll trust Mr. Hocutt and see what happens.

Comment

Kirby is 0 - 2 in football hire's...Golden at Miami and Kliff at Tech. The pressure is on, rank and file alumni aren't real happy. Wells isn't going to get ticket renewals going and next years schedule looks very tough...could be a three win season unfortunately...

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
            Kirby is 0 - 2 in football hire's...Golden at Miami and Kliff at Tech. The pressure is on, rank and file alumni aren't real happy. Wells isn't going to get ticket renewals going and next years schedule looks very tough...could be a three win season unfortunately...
            I'd love to have access to your crystal ball.

Comment

Tech is definitely up there from a business point. But it's hard to recruit with the choices in TX and the surrounding area (Texas, A&M, OU, etc.). Tech's revenue would need to be 2x to keep up with the big name teams. Not sure if that will happen anytime soon.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by altez; 11-29-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Declined to interview Holgerson despite him being interested in taking the job.... I know the mountaineers wont be near as good next season (So does Holgerson, obviously) but why would you not want to take a guy from a team in your conference? And a guy that wants to be your coach that is proven?!

Sounds like we really like Wells.

Comment

Sounds like a dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                    Declined to interview Holgerson despite him being interested in taking the job.... I know the mountaineers wont be near as good next season (So does Holgerson, obviously) but why would you not want to take a guy from a team in your conference? And a guy that wants to be your coach that is proven?!

Sounds like we really like Wells.
                    What’s not to like! He took a 5-3 team to a 1-7 record his 1st year and edged them up to a 7-1 record in a mediocre conference and a division where 4 of 6 teams were .500 or worse. That’s defined “elite” right?
                    Last edited by Playa; 11-29-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      What’s not to like! He took a 5-3 team to a 1-7 record his 1st year and edged them up to a 7-1 record in a mediocre conference and a division where 4-6 teams were .500 or worse. That’s defined “elite” right?
                      nobody here is saying elite except for this AD of ours... unfortunately he's the one making the decisions.

Comment

Meanwhile Kingsbury is off to California as the new OC of USC.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                          Meanwhile Kingsbury is off to California as the new OC of USC.
                          He’s going to crush it at USC! Wish him well. He will have his pick of quality qb’s and running backs to support the pass game

Wouldn’t be surprised if Alan Bowman transfers

Comment

He’s going to crush it at USC! Wish him well. He will have his pick of quality qb’s and running backs to support the pass game

That would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                              That would suck.
                              Our next QB in line Maverick McIvor was recruited by USC

Comment

Bowman was great but the kid had 2 collapsed lungs in 1 season. Dont think his future will be in football and I hate to say this, USC will have 10 "Bowman's" lined up.

Comment

Working...
                                X