Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
    I see buzzards all back there now.
    I would have been back there already. That sucker is dead.

Comment

I'd go get him now. That broadhead likely caused additional damage bouncing around in there.

Comment

Man we dont stand a chance if thats not a dead deer

Comment

As I am new to bow hunting, I have a couple of questions? After watching the shot on video and in slo mo it looks to be slightly forward and partial exit near or in opposite shoulder. I know op said he would do nothing different and I agree that this deer is dead. Would people generally say that this shot should have been a few inches back or was this just fine? I am not all critiquing the shooter, I just like to learn from real life situations that I can see on video. On that shot would it be preferable for the exit to be in front or behind the opposite shoulder?
          Congrats on an awesome dear and what looks to be an awesome place. I would love to have the amount of deer and the choices you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            my thoughts exactly , arrow likely stuck opposite shoulder bone which is why not complete pass thru

shot placement several inches above heart, top right lung , opposite lung unscathed

as others have mentioned, I'd wait 4 hrs and be ready to call in the dogs for backup

Honestly it looks like a very similar shot to my tall browed deer last year. His head was down feeding and due to the quartering away I took out one lung and hit his spine at the base of his neck. The arrow stopped just like his ....and I found him 300 yards later. Give him some time. you should have a nice blood trail to take you to him no matter how long it is.

Here is the live hunt...with pics

Comment

Do you think the broadhead went complete through him? If not it would have torn everything up inside when he was running off.

Comment

Dead dead dead. Just a matter of locating his body.

Comment

Go get that deer sir,

Comment

Aweosme job and video! This is a great thread so glad deer season is here!

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                      Do you think the broadhead went complete through him? If not it would have torn everything up inside when he was running off.
                      It had to have at least partially penetrated the opposite side. In the video following the shot you can clearly see the deer bleeding on the opposite side shoulder.

Comment

Long streak of lighted nock looked back, but after watching video it's slightly forward, I think you will recover within 150-200..... But would still wait 4 hrs

Comment

Go get him now. he's dead!

Comment

Watching that video I would bet a lot of money that deer is dead by now if you shot him at around 7:30 a.m. I'd be slowly and quietly working my way towards him, but that's just me. Good luck with the recovery.

Comment

great video. good shot. can't wait to see the pics on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                                As I am new to bow hunting, I have a couple of questions? After watching the shot on video and in slo mo it looks to be slightly forward and partial exit near or in opposite shoulder. I know op said he would do nothing different and I agree that this deer is dead. Would people generally say that this shot should have been a few inches back or was this just fine? I am not all critiquing the shooter, I just like to learn from real life situations that I can see on video. On that shot would it be preferable for the exit to be in front or behind the opposite shoulder?
                                Congrats on an awesome dear and what looks to be an awesome place. I would love to have the amount of deer and the choices you have.

Based on the pic in 127 I can't find anything wrong with the shot other than the head being down... I aim for the tuft of hair just behind the shoulder. If anything and 1" or 2" back but still that should be a dead deer either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X